Changing the Icon's battery

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I had mentioned this process within a past thread this summer, but feel maybe it will help many if I re-post this as a separate titled thread.

Changing the battery in the Icon is pretty easy actually. You just need a couple tools to do it right, and more importantly......be able to find a Nokia replacement battery at a good price. I got lucky and found one for $37 with shipping to me. (im in usa).

Battery = Nokia BV-5QW
Tools = #5 T screw driver, some simple pry tools YOU CAN GET A KIT LIKE THIS CHEAP

This vid shows an excellent tear down and shows perfectly how to remove back and other parts to do the job.

jwpear

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Where did you find your battery?

Mine is no longer getting me through a 8-10 hour day. I've been looking around for reputable sources of replacement batteries. Would like to find a new Nokia battery, but would settle for a quality replacement.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Where did you find your battery?

Mine is no longer getting me through a 8-10 hour day. I've been looking around for reputable sources of replacement batteries. Would like to find a new Nokia battery, but would settle for a quality replacement.

Well, if your battery is not that long, I might say roll back to 8.1 if your on 10....10 is horrible for a full day with out charging.. I can normally get around 8-10 hours(at 10 hours @ 3-5% battery left, DEAD) out of my ICON on Windows 10... but, 8.1....I good 18-20 hour day with moderate use (with all background tasks turned off besides 2-3) and with very low use (weekends etc), I could see 2 days with it...

I pop off my back cover to change colors all the time, this looks like a 10 min change... easy...

Who knows of good deals on OEM (NOT 3RD PARTY) batteries... as it would be a VERY easy change, I would be tempted to swap it out, just to maximize battery life on it...

You can get the 3rd party ones like this for like $15...If your phone is really bad and you don't have much cash, it might be an option...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...58?hash=item1e9de9fa4e%3Ag%3AhcUAAOSwBLlVP00G

I am sure it's close but, not as good as OEM... (930 and 929/ICON same phone for the most part)

jwpear

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I popped in a used Nokia battery I bought from another user on the forums. Based on date printed on the battery, it was roughly 18 months old. I'm not seeing huge differences in battery life. Not entirely unexpected from a used battery. It was worth a try.

It may also just be things I have running. I do use Bluetooth quite a bit for an external speaker, Band 2, Fitbit, and a Polar heart rate monitor. The Band is the only thing consistently connected to Bluetooth. Everything else is intermittent. I keep all day sync off on the Fitbit.

I'm still using 8.1 on my Icon. Apps like Instagram just really seem to eat up the battery. But on other days, Battery Saver will say it's the phone app or IE. It's somewhat random in what it flags.

I just ordered the battery MikeSo suggested. It is indicated as new. Hopefully, it has been manufactured within the last year.

amd20x6

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone found a truly genuine battery for this phone? I can't find one- all the "genuine" and "OEM" batteries on Ebay, Amazon, etc. are obvious fakes. The sticker looks nothing like the real battery.

I found this on an Alibaba listing for the knockoffs.
Sticker & Label: OEM/ODM or Neutral sticker as per your requirement
They don't even try to hide that they're slapping the Nokia logo on a counterfeit product...

I'd rather not burn the house down and/or breathe in the HF fumes from a vented battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar