Does your Lumia Icon/929 has a reddish tint?

Dakii Skaitt

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia Icon is just a smaller 1520, and a little older 930, but still with unique problems, whose many users I've read have reported one issue that also showed up on my screen.

Yeah, my Icon's Beautiful AMOLED beautiful blacks are being sucked up by the reddish tint seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-dJ3s6ZlI

But I haven't seen anyone trying to solve this or finding the why, and as everything I've read, people a willing to live with it, and I'm not.
I've bought this phone 3 days ago, and I'm in love with it, other than because of the display, but the rest of the phone's awesomness forgives the lack of SD and Glance.

But I'd like to find a solution myself, and even make a thread, or join someone's delevopming into bringing a solution for this, for more Information, refer to

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf/nokia-lumia-icon-reddish-tint-on-screen/20045e40-8d34-45c8-ad11-b5fedf7d8a29

Thank you all

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Not sure there really is a "solution". there is a work around, which is to vary the color saturation. If I remember, there are a couple of settings, like warm, cool, and maybe something else. Changing to cool seems to minimize the reddish hue.

Dakii Skaitt

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I've done this, and set the brightness to low. Even tho it makes grays look reddish.

One solution (I've seen it working on a friend's Icon) is to get the Windows Phone 8.0 firmware, so that you can try again the Update, but I haven't found anywhere such files, because the Nokia Servers are down, so do the files :(

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Worst case, replace the LCD assembly. Not too hard to do in that phone. Much easier if you buy one with a frame, but not too hard w/o frame either.

Dakii Skaitt

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
It is not the display, If that was the case, in the NOKIA logo, or while updating (in the gears) it would also appear there. And sure, it doesn't.

So this is rather a firmware problem than a hardware problem.

C4H4AsH

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The Super AMOLED screen on the Lumia ICON is prone to burn-in, which has been documented extensively elsewhere. You can attempt to use an app like Screen Burn Test and Repair, but those have VERY limited results. The suggestion of adjusting the Color Profile (found in Extras under Display) is likely the easiest and most viable solution.

Dakii Skaitt

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Tried and didn't worked (I'm lucky not to be epileptic), Also the profile settings are set as much so the red hue isn't noticeably.
Still holding onto thinking it's software/firmware related.

Doesn't anyone has an idea where could I find the Windows Phone 8.0 firmware for this phone? I think it's the way to go to fix this issue.

jeml16

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
hola, yo tengo este mismo problema desde hace un mes que lo compre despu?s de actualizarlo a lumia denim, al terminar la parte de los engranajes enciende normal, la pantalla normal y antes de que aparezca el logo de verizon la pantalla se torna rojiza,concuerdo que es un problema de software porque note el cambio de color en el momento , lo flashe con windows device y lo mismo al igual que descargar los archivos de lumia firmware y cargarlos con el windows image designer ya que solo tienen la ultima version . firmware. seria bueno tratar de conseguir algun archivo con windows phone 8.0, busque y no he encontrado ha estas alturas es casi dif?cil.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's the deal: when Verizon released their firmware alongside the Denim (8.1) update, this problem appeared. For everyone. It has nothing to do with the screen, only the firmware. That's why it doesn't appear until after the bootloader when you start the phone. There is no known solution.

Dakii Skaitt

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
There is. So far I know. Flashing the device back to It's WP8.0 release would bring back the original software and drivers and so will the blacks.
Problem is.. Where to find those? It's nearly impossible to spot any WP8.0 firmware release for the Icon since the Nokia Server are down. If anyone can help me gather those files (the .ffu file) then I could test it on my Icon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb