Camera can't use microphone

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
My videos using the stock camera cannot use the front microphone (selfie video). Camera isn't listed as an app that can use microphone. ProShot works fine, but I would like this capability on the stock camera app. Seems to have happened after recent update. Any suggestions?

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I do not know. recently, even the front microphone of my dad's Lumia kinda stopped working. as in for normal phone calls, his voice seems to be coming from far far far away. and recently, a lot of people have been commenting about the microphone issue. maybe it is not a coincidence after all.

anyway, shall update you if I find anything about it. :)

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Since I'm using my 830 while the Icon is out of commission, I figured I'd bump the Icon up to the slow ring (build 14393.576)It seems to have resolved the mic issue with the camera app, and improved the audio volume when streaming. I'm going to move the sim back to the Icon, I'll let you know if it has any effect on the call quality.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Since I'm using my 830 while the Icon is out of commission, I figured I'd bump the Icon up to the slow ring (build 14393.576)It seems to have resolved the mic issue with the camera app, and improved the audio volume when streaming. I'm going to move the sim back to the Icon, I'll let you know if it has any effect on the call quality.
That's great! thanks. :)

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine was ok until the last couple of updates. I may roll it back with WDRT this weekend, and just bring it up to AU, which seemed to work fine. I'll keep you posted. If someone has posted this issue on the Feedback Hub,please let me know, so I can add several up votes .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs