NuAns Neo Recap...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The NuAns Neo caused a bit of a stir early this year when it was shown off at CES 2016.
Hands-on with the extremely customizable NuAns Neo with Continuum support | Windows Central

The phone hardware yields just enough to get Continuum support going:
  • Snapdragon 617
  • 2GB RAM
  • Type C USB and Quick Charge 2.0 support
It is a solid top of the mid-line offering with this additional spec:
  • 5" 720p display
  • 16 GB Internal storage + microSD
  • 13 MP rear camera, 5 MP ffc
  • generous 3,350 mAh battery
The one thing that made this such a quick here-and-gone in the public eye (IMHO) is the Japan exclusivity.

It's an eye catcher though. It's either the prettiest or the ugliest phone depending on your taste and style.

https://youtu.be/NCbj6wsAQxo

And now it looks like it will be spreading beyond Nippon.
The unique NuAns NEO with Windows 10 Mobile is headed to Kickstarter for a worldwide launch | Windows Central

What go you think of the NuAns Neo? Share your thoughts below.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This is a slick phone.

I'd be less likely to cover this one up with some crappy case.
I'm glad to see devices departing from the usual standard making them a bit more personal.

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Any idea how good the speakers are and where they are placed? I'm not an audiophile but I need the speakers to be loud and clearly understood in reasonable outdoor conditions (not busy and loud, New York street like conditions), without having to hold it up to your ear.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any idea how good the speakers are and where they are placed? I'm not an audiophile but I need the speakers to be loud and clearly understood in reasonable outdoor conditions (not busy and loud, New York street like conditions), without having to hold it up to your ear.

How good is it? I couldn't say.

Where it is is part of the design philosophy. Everything is aligned on the bottom of the phone.

Neo bottom view.png

So when you are holding the phone in a natural way it isn't muffled by your grip and when on speakerphone it probably would be more likely to be aimed in your general direction...

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Great to see the headphone jack is at the bottom, no more having to rotate the device after lifting it out of my pocket. Is there any word on the quality of the DAC/Amp?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers