About to be unfairly fired from work, what to do?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
i work at 6 flags and have been for almost 4 complete years in the games department. but so far this year has been different than the previous 3, all the supervisors in my area/department began to become obsessed with harrassing me about not talking on the mic or greeting the guests (what we have to do to get them to play the games) even though i already was.They claimed that they would watch me from secret areas in which im not aware of for minutes at a time and caught me off the mic or not greeting the guests for that whole time. This led to me getting a bad salesmanship eval which lead to a suspension/retraining. Come back and these assumptions grew worse even though i was making an effort to improve my performance, it still resulted in me being sent home with corrective action on 2 occasions (6/15 and 6/25) even talking to the superiors in my department turned out no success as they believed and even joined in on the "secret watchings" and now on 7/11 this has reached its highest point, in which i have recieved my 2nd salesmanship evaluation which was worse than the first one even though i have improved my performance significantly. This has resulted in the assistant manager writing me a warning(last step before being fired) upon recieving it there was a section in which comments could be left in which i said "all of these claims are false and fradulent and shall this continue and worsen i will have to report this to the state" .The asst manager did not like my comment so he decided to ask me for my ID and nametag and told me that HR will be in contact with me over that comment and that my employment is suspended till the dispute is solved. so what should i do aside from getting another job? i also feel that there could be a race component to this since other people of my race have had issues in that department as well.

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
i work at 6 flags and have been for almost 4 complete years in the games department. but so far this year has been different than the previous 3, all the supervisors in my area/department began to become obsessed with harrassing me about not talking on the mic or greeting the guests (what we have to do to get them to play the games) even though i already was.They claimed that they would watch me from secret areas in which im not aware of for minutes at a time and caught me off the mic or not greeting the guests for that whole time. This led to me getting a bad salesmanship eval which lead to a suspension/retraining. Come back and these assumptions grew worse even though i was making an effort to improve my performance, it still resulted in me being sent home with corrective action on 2 occasions (6/15 and 6/25) even talking to the superiors in my department turned out no success as they believed and even joined in on the "secret watchings" and now on 7/11 this has reached its highest point, in which i have recieved my 2nd salesmanship evaluation which was worse than the first one even though i have improved my performance significantly. This has resulted in the assistant manager writing me a warning(last step before being fired) upon recieving it there was a section in which comments could be left in which i said "all of these claims are false and fradulent and shall this continue and worsen i will have to report this to the state" .The asst manager did not like my comment so he decided to ask me for my ID and nametag and told me that HR will be in contact with me over that comment and that my employment is suspended till the dispute is solved. so what should i do aside from getting another job? i also feel that there could be a race component to this since other people of my race have had issues in that department as well.

Trust me, I FEEL for you! If a manager (or a company) wants to make your life miserable, they WILL do it! I am now 55, and can't seem to find ANY desktop support job anywhere. So I am facing AGE discrimination, but they get away with it!!!!!!!!!! My old manager even got away with saying to my face one day " I HATE old timers, they are so hard to get rid of". But she found a way - when they outsourced my entire desktop department (40 of us), she BLACK LISTED any of us who she did not like, and my life was ruined.

My suggestions:

1) DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep a diary at hand, and every time something happens, WRITE IT DOWN! Date, time, and WHO!

2) contact a labor lawyer, especially one who might SPECIALIZE is race discrimination! Then let him tell you what to do, most likely #1 above for sure!

3) sort of count your belssings though - me being white, I DON'T HAVE ANYONE on my side these days!!!!!!! Even illegals have more rights than I DO!

4) also CHILL OUT! Don't get all mad and talk back. Oh they just love that, see how they suspended you? Instead, you should have just took it and grinned, then imediately gone to HR and file harrassment charges against that person. They HAVE to take things like that seriously these days!!!! You could have had HIM fired on the spot.

But now, most importantly, HIRE A LABOR LAWYER! And DO NOT post this everywhere!!!!!!!!!!! Because now a days, companies are SMARTER than you think! They SEARCH on the Internet and look for your comments, and use those against you. If you have pasted this on Twitter or Facebook, they most likely have that on file now. So CONTACT that LAWYER ASAP!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism