Google...

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so everyone is moaning about the new changes made to Facebook. I'm usually okay with 'change', although I don't like how intrusive FB can be so I decided to take a look at Google +. Upon opening my account, I was searching for the settings in order to change my email settings to my Hotmail account. . . and, guess what? You can't. So, first of all, Google forced me to open an email account I didn't need or want in order for me to keep my Youtube account open, and now it seems you can only have a Gmail account to use G+. I'm not having it. I CANNOT STAND this monopoly attitude. It was the reason I divorced Apple, and now it seems, Google are following suit.

I will make the choice. What email account I want. What social network I use. Where I buy my music. What I do with the file I have purchased....

... so, please... ENOUGH already! I honestly don't know why Microsoft get such a hard time. They're not the ones attempting to take over the world at present.

Okay, sorry to rant. I just had to get it out.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't download iTunes music with my WP7! Nor can I connect to my Xbox live account with m iPod touch! Blasphemy!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't download iTunes music with my WP7!

Not really sure what you're getting here, but then again, why shouldn't we be allowed? As consumers it's our right to choose where we purchase. It's not like the file types are exclusive to the devices, after all.

Nor can I connect to my Xbox live account with m iPod touch! Blasphemy!

I think you'll find you can. ;)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm just saying. They trying to build an ecosystem like MS is.

But, it's not the same. As it was a false alarm on the Google+, I'll use Youtube as an example. Why do you need a gmail account in order to have a youtube account? That's not building an ecosystem. That's just holding people's youtube accounts ransom.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Big Supes did you use your hotmail to open a google+ account or did you use Gmail and switch your google+ to use hotmail?

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Big Supes did you use your hotmail to open a google+ account or did you use Gmail and switch your google+ to use hotmail?

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

I opened it with the Gmail account and then linked my hotmail whilst turning off all notifications from Gmail.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
But, it's not the same. As it was a false alarm on the Google+, I'll use Youtube as an example. Why do you need a gmail account in order to have a youtube account? That's not building an ecosystem. That's just holding people's youtube accounts ransom.

Thats the reason I deleted my youtube account, have no need for anything google. Whenever MS requires a live ID people moan about them but google gets a free pass for this. Cant see a reason for this requirement apart from google just wanting to harvest more users for their search engine (which I never use).

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Thats the reason I deleted my youtube account, have no need for anything google. Whenever MS requires a live ID people moan about them but google gets a free pass for this. Cant see a reason for this requirement apart from google just wanting to harvest more users for their search engine (which I never use).

This is it. I was doing just fine with my Youtube account before Google can along and forced me into opening a Gmail account. And, what's best? There's absolutely zero use for it in relation to Youtube!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)