This forum needs a bit of livening up... how about

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know man, Canon sounds like Cannon and that means a powerful shot. Nikon sounds like the name of a japanese tourist that barely knows how to take pictures. And Sony is just a bad Samsung anyway.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Nikon and horsepower for me.

I like the way their dSLRs fit my hands (have a D70s and a D1H) and how the focus is on creating great images, rather than "what settings should I use" which seems to be more of a Canon thing (an engineer's approach to photography - full disclosure: I am an engineer).

And horsepower because torque is just force. Horsepower is work done over time. If you have horsepower, you can always derive torque using gearing. If you have just torque, you may actually have zero horsepower. And you certainly can't create it using gearing.

That said, I prefer V8s (and have two) to smaller engines. So liking horsepower has nothing to do with RPMs. After all, lots of horsepower at low rpm means - you guessed it - lots of torque.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I watch NASA TV every once and a while and when an astronaut is taking a picture there are always two camera names I always here, Hasselblad and Nikon.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Nikon and horsepower for me.

I like the way their dSLRs fit my hands (have a D70s and a D1H) and how the focus is on creating great images, rather than "what settings should I use" which seems to be more of a Canon thing (an engineer's approach to photography - full disclosure: I am an engineer).

And horsepower because torque is just force. Horsepower is work done over time. If you have horsepower, you can always derive torque using gearing. If you have just torque, you may actually have zero horsepower. And you certainly can't create it using gearing.

That said, I prefer V8s (and have two) to smaller engines. So liking horsepower has nothing to do with RPMs. After all, lots of horsepower at low rpm means - you guessed it - lots of torque.

There is someone that gets it right there!

Loving my twin turbo v8--450 ft lbs of torque almost everywhere is pretty amazing.

Nikon glass is better. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon