Windows 8 Consumer Preview Available for Download

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. This is an 11.6 inch version and has the required res (1366/768), worth a try. Never done this, appreciate the instructions.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
A warning, dont use this on the pc you connect your phone to, read that MS has done the typical thing and not included anyway to manage a WP device and Zune wont work either.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
A warning, dont use this on the pc you connect your phone to, read that MS has done the typical thing and not included anyway to manage a WP device and Zune wont work either.

If you do the advanced install and partition your drive, it doesn't really matter. It's a shame the music service isn't available at the moment, but so far so good. I'm loving IE 10. Yes, I didn't think I'd be saying I love Internet Explorer again!!!

:)

straitda

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Installing it in my Samsung Series 7 slate as we speak. I've been using the developer preview for a while now. Looking forward to some real apps and the opening of the app store.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So far on my Acer with W8 I feel just like I do with my WP7. Was up till late yesterday and late for work today just playing with it, and added my music folder on my WHS to the music library and playing back using the music player is really cool. Even get the WP-style transport buttons when you hit your volume button.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So the Taskbar can be docked at the very top of the screen. Never tried living life like that. I'm gonna test it out for a while to see if I like it.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I (foolishly?) decided to install it over my Windows 7 partition on my Studio XPS 1640. I haven't had much trouble with it. I'm not sure if it is because it is a laptop or that I'm just used to it, but I have ended up using the desktop about 90% of the time. I had trouble with Bluetooth for a while, but I downloaded some software from Dell's website and everything is working fine now.

The only thing I'd change would be adding the ability to have 50/50 on metro apps and 80/20 on desktop apps. I've tried to run a metro app and a desktop app side by side and it isn't possible.

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
added my music folder on my WHS to the music library and playing back using the music player is really cool.

How did you get this to work? I have all of my music added to the Music library, but nothing shows up in the Music app.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720