Were we tricked by WpCentral? Lumia 710 Photo Contest

kollege

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

i am opening this thread as contribute to the lumia 710 photo contest:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-discussion/187332.htm

We were told to get the winner announced by Friday, March 2, 2012. Then the decision was deferred because of the mwc. It was stated that the guys here at wpcentral try to choose the winner over the following weekend.... No updates since then.
What happened? Are they still judging (i agree on the fact that there are a LOT of contestants), did they forget about it or were we tricked?
Please leave your thoughts.
BTW: Everyone did a really nice job, some of these pics were stunning!

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I assure you there are no tricks going on here buy people do get busy. Plus there are a lot of entries to go through George will award the device when he has completed his review.

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

i am opening this thread as contribute to the lumia 710 photo contest:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-discussion/187332.htm

We were told to get the winner announced by Friday, March 2, 2012. Then the decision was deferred because of the mwc. It was stated that the guys here at wpcentral try to choose the winner over the following weekend.... No updates since then.
What happened? Are they still judging (i agree on the fact that there are a LOT of contestants), did they forget about it or were we tricked?
Please leave your thoughts.
BTW: Everyone did a really nice job, some of these pics were stunning!
I am quite sure everything is on the up and up. these guy's on here are great and very busy.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
thank you so much for this statement! :)
i was just a little insecure.

regards kollege
What do you have to be insecure about? You didn't even enter the contest. Matter of fact it appears these are your only two posts....

But for the record, no tricks up our sleeves. It's just a case of a small event, the Mobile World Congress, and a few other housekeeping issues that have caused the delay. We want to give every submission a fair shake and an opportunity to be judged fairly.

For those who have submitted a photo to the contest, we hope to announce the winner any day now.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
it we had a respect button id click it as well, lol

thanks George

not easy with all the events and over HUNDREDS of submissions!

anseio

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You know... a good model to follow would be from XDA-Developers. New users wouldn't have the functional ability to create new threads and send PM's, like the one I got directing me to this thread, until they've achieved a certain post count.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3