Unlimited Data Plan?

aliensa

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
What MS needs to do is subsidise unlimited data plans for all Windows phones.

In our country the only reason why Blackberry is extremely popular with kids is because of Blackberry internet services. This allows unlimited data usage for a low contract included fixed price.

If Windows phones were available with an unlimited data plan it would destroy most competition.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah...

MS has NOTHNG to do with plans and option.

if u want more data call your carrier :) some carrier still offer unlimiteted DATA.

aliensa

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
yeah...

MS has NOTHNG to do with plans and option.

That's not entirely true. BB (RIM) is the reason why we have BIS in our country.

No other phone has the same option available - it is part of the deal all the different carriers have with RIM.

Parents & Kids love BIS - no extreme data cost surprises!

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
BIS is an data option thru your carrier to interact with BlackBerry Servers, just like BES and BESX. If your carrier didn't have data then you wouldn't be getting any BlackBerry data options, or any other for that matter. Data plans are limited by what the carrier specifies, not the manufacturer. On VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile, the data plans for Blackberrys' are also tiered, just that BB's don't look like they use all that much data because some of it is compressed. Being that I have a HTC Arrive and a Bold 9930 and being on Sprint where I do have unlimited data on both.

aliensa

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
@k4icg
Exactly, however it is set up - it is an option - one that makes absolute sense to have and it is dumb to not take it with a BB in our country.

Currently our options for alternative data plans and consequently those available for Windows phones are extremely expensive.
If MS made that same option available it would make an extreme difference to acceptance of WP.

Just for interest sake:
How much data do you use on your WP per month?

------
btw: Who decided to move this post to 'Off Topic' ? - it was posted in general discussion and is relevant for WP

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
BB (RIM) use their OWN data system . every one else uses PDA data ( iphone android , webos , WP , etc.. )

RIM data gets compressed and passes by their own servers for security .

the PRICE of a plan has NOTHING to do with RIM or MS , carriers decide the prices NO MATTER WHAT!

even if RIM has a different DATA 500MB on RIM or 500MB on PDA = same price. sure you can pay less and get access to just BBM but that's pretty much it.

aliensa

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
@Se1fcr3ation

You contradict yourself
"RIM has it's own data plan..."
... and "the PRICE it has nothing to do with RIM"
if they have their own data plan then obviously this affects the pricing deal with the carriers.

It may be that there is no difference in the US, but where I am it definitely does make a difference. You cannot get any phone other than a BB with an unlimited data plan - and it is not just simply BBM - full internet, unlimited for approximately $10/month.
This is exactly why the kids love it - who cares that BB isn't the coolest iPhone or Android or WP ..... it's got unlimited data

Last edited:

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My 9930 is being used as a bridge for my BB Playbook, by way of BlackBerry Bridge. I have both phones for different reasons and will continue to use both.Been with Sprint for almost 16 years and don't plan on switching anytime soon. Have unlimited data, in which the most I ever used in a month was about 2 gb. Different parts of the cellular universe charges differently for data. No 2 are the same.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
What MS needs to do is subsidise unlimited data plans for all Windows phones.

In our country the only reason why Blackberry is extremely popular with kids is because of Blackberry internet services. This allows unlimited data usage for a low contract included fixed price.

If Windows phones were available with an unlimited data plan it would destroy most competition.

Panamanian here.

It holds true, BB is quite popular here because of unlimited data (as the carriers themselves like to call it). Most people jumping from BB to Android are finding out the hard way they now only have a 200 MB data allowance monthly. But there are alternatives and I have unlimited data on my Samsung Focus (and it's not because it's a WP, which isn't even available in my country). Albeit it's only 1 Mbps and I pay like $5 more than a BB user, but I asked and found this was the best.

Just gotta find the better deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo