XDA DEVS: A pro-android forum up against WP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
BTW, read some of their Windows forums today and turns out and I quote:

"Windows Phone Central is full of Windows fanboys" - the post summarized as, they don't do anything towards development, it's blank fanboyism.

I couldn't help but *sigh* and promised myself never ever to visit that place ever again. That's the world I don't want to live in. :(

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
BTW, read some of their Windows forums today and turns out and I quote:

"Windows Phone Central is full of Windows fanboys" - the post summarized as, they don't do anything towards development, it's blank fanboyism.

I couldn't help but *sigh* and promised myself never ever to visit that place ever again. That's the world I don't want to live in. :(

Who said that? Because quite a few of the people on XDA don't do what I would call "development"

and in fact When I was on Android they ran Cyan and a bunch of others off of the forums because of the spam and whining and trash that comes out of their keyboard-mouths.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
iOS fans are cool with me they actually like the WP platform because its different and didn't copy iOS.

Android fans piss me off maybe they are affraid that one day WP will take over their "marketshare" which they LOVE to brag about.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah...... that's it ;)

this place is really full of sad fanboys.

I'm os-netrual, but hearing all the bs people spew on here I find so hilarious

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah...... that's it ;)

this place is really full of sad fanboys.

I'm os-netrual, but hearing all the bs people spew on here I find so hilarious

It would be nice to see someone actually point out how the article makes any sense instead of rehasing the same old nonsense. ****** this is neutral that. That's nice. I'm happy for you. Now lets talk about the article in question.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice to see someone actually point out how the article makes any sense instead of rehasing the same old nonsense. ****** this is neutral that. That's nice. I'm happy for you. Now lets talk about the article in question.

Ever hear of burden of proof??

Instead why don't you guys explaain how it is incorrect and doesn't make sense...

Instead of jut hating on xda (which really, there would be no homebrew at ALL for your phones if it weren't for xda), and writing angered ****** posts

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Instead why don't you guys explaain how it is incorrect and doesn't make sense...

Instead of jut hating on xda (which really, there would be no homebrew at ALL for your phones if it weren't for xda), and writing angered ****** posts

It is incorrect because the "developers" or let's say "hackers" screwed over their customers NOT MSFT.

MSFT DID NOT make ChevronWP7. They did a favour by approving it.

ChevronWP7 kept their users in the dark and did not tell them about the expiry dates and services. So the article on the WHOLE has wrong theme at heart. MSFT shouldn't even be in the picture. They have nothing to do with what the article has been titled. Go blame the hackers who on the name of homebrew encouraged people to sideload XAPs that were only OEM exclusive and use downloaded XAPs.

If the developers really cared, they would let users have an exploit using which they could load pirated XAPs and kick some other developers hard work. May be only 1% of the users loaded pirated XAPs but that still makes it 1000 users.

If they all downloaded and added only 1 pirated XAP costing normally $0.99 you are looking at $990 from a developer who actually paid freaking $99 to publish his app.

Now should I remind you that ChevronWP7 lets users side load 10 apps?
If each of those 1000 pirated 10 XAPs - that will make it 10,000 x 0. 99 = $9900 off a developer who worked his *** off to make something and pays $99 per year to keep his developer account.

Now if all those 10,000 pirated XAPs would have normally made $2.99 for an XBOX live sort of game, the developer is losing $29900!

Maybe instead of advocating for piracy, you should advocate for the $99 worth of developer account given out for free so that those who actually "develop" and not pirate, NOW has a chance to earn that $29900 without paying a single cent!!!

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

On an editorial?

Anyway, I've pointed out my issues with it. The discussion is probably pointless though due to the volume of people that haven't even used windows phone chiming in.

I am curious though. Tell me, how many apps did the author of that article develop using this unlock method and push to the marketplace? I'm still waiting to see these pissed off devs.

the generic ****** argument for everything is old. Dont quote my replies and complain about something someone else said. Disagreeing with an article about an issue I have experience in (I got a token the day it was released and unlike most I actually read about and understood what I was getting) doesn't automatally equate to ******. It makes it just look like you're out of things to copy and paste from.

Now, lets have an actual conversation about the article or move along. Doesn't matter which to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon