- 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM #1
This news were shocking when I read it today.
Enjoying Chevron? Say Goodbye to Your Developer Unlock | xda-developers
The article is written as if it's Microsoft that decided to screw customers over! It was the developers who decided to not carry on the deal further and kept customers in the dark when selling tokens. The more I read the article, the more it pissed me off. Don't even get me started with the comments.
..and then I wonder why WP hasn't caught any traction at all!
- 04-20-2012, 12:48 PM #2
Stupid people being stupid. Half of the complaints if not more are from people that 1) don't even use windows phone and 2) are whinging to whine. they clearly have no idea why it was discontinued and why it existed in the first place.
-EDIT- who ever wrote the article can't even read. They posted a link trying to support numbers getting worse but it clearly shows an increase. They also conveniently forget it took Android about 3 years to take off.
Last edited by Canesfan625; 04-20-2012 at 12:54 PM.
- 04-20-2012, 12:59 PM #3
wow what a ignorant article.
i love how he blames MS ... its like blaming apple if your SIRI cant find what your searching for,.
chev might have a T-shirt from MS saying * we where the first to jailbreak Wp * but that doesn't mean they have ANYTHING to do with MS directly...
does MS send them a paycheck? **** NO!
I thought people at XDA where not idiots , guess I was wrong.
- 04-20-2012, 01:36 PM #4
He even has gone to an extent of declaring this OS dead and this being the last MSFT error that will sort of hammer the nail in the coffin! Outrageous picture to start with and that article got freaking front page on the XDA news! There isn't ONE comment that favour MSFT. I thought Verge was proactively killing the OS, but XDA is turning out to be the midwife happy to shove the kid back in, forget about helping ease the pain!
- 04-20-2012, 03:29 PM #8
so much crap and lies in that article, and people commenting who obviously hasn't even used a Windows Phone. I hope they find peace and sleep well, now that they wrote something bad about Microsoft/Windows Phone, when its not even their business and it doesn't affect them.
04-20-2012, 03:36 PM #9
- 112 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for explaining me the situation. Let me recap this enlightening thread here so far:
- All the blame has to go to the ChevronWP7 people
- Microsoft is innocent and had no chance against that bad ChevronWP7 people
- The XDA devs are exposed as idiots and don't deserve any respect anymore
- Any other dev pissed off because his or her WP7 phone will re-lock should keep quiet anyway
- All is perfect in WP7 land after that stupid "editorial" and thread on XDA fade into the background again
Thank God the world is as easy and simple as that.
- 04-20-2012, 03:47 PM #10Our data indicates that most developers simply unlocked their devices for non-developmental reasons and never went all the way to publish an app in the marketplace. There was also some confusion about the actual purpose of the ChevronWP7 service – some folks thought we provided SIM-unlock capabilities, while others thought we were a hacker group providing full root access.
-EDIT- I must have a magical device because I can change tile color without an interop unlock. Sure not much of a selection but its still a change
Chevron was meant to ease the barrier of entry into the market. But people who bought the unlock tool weren't publishing apps. Once that $99 is refunded you are actually getting a better value than what that token was giving you. Sounds like a better way to get people to publish in the end. If you are worth your salt you will be able to make the cost of that by the time your free year is up.
Sounds like the complaints of someone using an Android device that can no longer use their pirated APK.
Let us know how that class action turns out.
Last edited by Canesfan625; 04-20-2012 at 03:53 PM.
04-20-2012, 04:06 PM #11
- 1,345 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
It's the same with any WP7 article these days - quickly flooded by Android trolls making comments about the OS which they have never used.
The people that write these types of things remind me of those guys that were in my computer science classes at university. If they saw you with a windows laptop they would snort and proclaim their superiority over you because they had 5 different flavours of Linux on their crusty old laptops.
- 04-20-2012, 04:28 PM #12
- ChevronWP7 was/is/will not be a Microsoft Product.
- Microsoft did not sell the product, Microsoft is a corporate giant, will have laid out the agreement in the most legal way possible.
- The XDA devs who write those sort of ignorant, full of rants, full of lies - are NOT developers and NO they do not deserve respect.
- No, they should NOT keep quiet. They should write to ChevronWP7, get the money refunded in full and even take them to the court if need be.
- WP7 is not perfect, probably will never be. But you know what? There are people who love the way it is and will like it to be better without trolling, abusing or talking lies.
Yes, thank the lord the world is so much easier than what it could have been.
- 04-20-2012, 04:40 PM #13
OMG we cant do ILLEGAL THINGS ANY MORE!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
if killing people was legal id be the #1 serial killer. but its not so im gona complain.
- 04-20-2012, 04:49 PM #14
- 04-20-2012, 05:04 PM #15
XDA is mostly anti WP, probably because most of the old WM users didnt like it and hate MS for that (for some reason, should have read all the BS that was posted after WP launched. And still is obviously). They now use android and bash WP any chance they can.
And yes, those tokens were mostly used for side loading downloaded XAP's and loading software from other OEM's devices. If no real development was done and only pirates were benefiting what would be the point in continuing the service?
- 04-20-2012, 05:05 PM #17
Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 04-20-2012 at 05:11 PM.
04-20-2012, 09:09 PM #20
- 626 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
iOS fans are cool with me they actually like the WP platform because its different and didn't copy iOS.
Android fans **** me off maybe they are affraid that one day WP will take over their "marketshare" which they LOVE to brag about.
- 04-21-2012, 04:28 AM #21
BTW, read some of their Windows forums today and turns out and I quote:
"Windows Phone Central is full of Windows fanboys" - the post summarized as, they don't do anything towards development, it's blank fanboyism.
I couldn't help but *sigh* and promised myself never ever to visit that place ever again. That's the world I don't want to live in. :(
- 04-21-2012, 06:52 AM #22
and in fact When I was on Android they ran Cyan and a bunch of others off of the forums because of the spam and whining and trash that comes out of their keyboard-mouths.
- 04-21-2012, 10:07 AM #23
- 04-21-2012, 10:32 AM #24
- 04-21-2012, 10:41 AM #25