Why WP is better than iOS and Android.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Uh this was meant to me a joke. I guess my sense of humor isn't a clever as I thought.

Yeah, but you forgot about Blackberry 7 OS and how RIM is going to leap in front of Microsoft when they release Blackberry 10 OS! Shame on you for forgetting Blackberry!!!

For some unknown reason I feel like finding a DeLorean, driving it at 88 MPH, punching in 1994 on its special circuits, and playing with an Atari Jaguar. Do the math on that one.

:D

Last edited:

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Stop bypassing the word filter. The F word is filtered out for a reason.

Personally Android has better app integration in that it has the APIs for apps to more easily tie into more places than WP7 does.

I'm may move back to Android when my contract is running out, especially if Google drive is decently integrated into their other services.

I'm really leaning towards the iPhone cause no other phone manufacturer can produce a camera as good as Apple's smartphone.

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have both ICS and webos on my HP Touchpad and agree with @CHIP72 Webos is fantastic! They really got it right! I hope to see some open sourced webos handsets on the market in the future. My only beef with webos is that it never really felt optimized for the hardware it was released on. Even on my touchpad ICS is night and day faster and more responsive but lacks the polish that Palm and HP introduced.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
True, but they didn't intro the types of gestures and notifications that Android fans try to take credit for.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Jsntrenkler - if you like webOS, you should check out the Blackberry Playbook. The Playbook runs Blackberry QNX, which is similar to webOS with its gesture interface but BB QNX does single-tasking better. Also, the Playbook's hardware has considerably better build quality than the TouchPad's. (I have both a TouchPad and a Playbook. Don't get me wrong about the TouchPad; notwithstanding my comments above, I like it and webOS.)

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys, we're not in the lead. BB10 is coming.

That is just stupid. You're talking about the 2 platform that utterly dominate the smartphone sales and profits.
Whether or not his statement was true or not, your reasoning is plain awful. I do thank you for your post though, as it made redraider look like an even bigger idiot than he already is.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but you forgot about Blackberry 7 OS and how RIM is going to leap in front of Microsoft when they release Blackberry 10 OS! Shame on you for forgetting Blackberry!!!

FFFFUUUUUUUU..... I did forget about Blackberry 10. :shocked:

This is serious.. Even when Apollo is released, Blackberry 10 will still be 2 more than 8.

Those sneaky Canadian bastards... :dry

We need a plan. Maybe we can convey the seriousness of the situation to Ballmer and he can add a couple of zeros and make it Windows Phone 800, just to be safe.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This thread is supposed to be a joke filled with numerous replies. I think that it was posted in the wrong location so I moved to the Off Topic forum so we can continue with the JOKES. This subject seams to bring out the worst in some. If you guys want to continue this conversation and take all replies with a grain of salt in a humorous way without bypassing the curse filter, well then carry on. If the bashing, cursing, and name calling continues this thread will be closed.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually, webOS originally brought gestures and world class notifications long before Android was even someone's bad idea.

Actually, webOS didn't "bring" anything to the table because nobody else has gestures, notifications to shame all other OS's or cards for multi-tasking. I am a webOS refugee seeking asylum in the WP world.

Joe Hupp

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why WP is better than iOS and Android

Having looked at friend's phones (iPhones (iOS) and Android), I have to agree with SocialCarpet on the issues he/she has raised - when I was in the market for a new phone, I looked at the iPhone, the Samsung Galaxy S II and the Nokia Lumia 800. I did some thinking and ended up choosing the Lumia 800 - my main reason for getting the Lumia is that it looks so much easier in the interface than the iPhone and the Galaxy S II and the ability of the user to customise their phone to their liking.

Will be writing a blog on my experiences on my Lumia - see Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Phone - A User's Perspective

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon