Windows 8 question

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, how will Windows 8 change the Windows Phone brand if at all? What type of integration will there be? Will we see this integration on Mango, Tango or Apollo? Will it be free?

Also a little off topic but please still answer if you can. Will Windows 8 be a free download to Windows PC's that can already run windows 7?

Thanks as always!!

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Windows 8 will not be free.
Windows 8 will be for tablets and PC's. Windows Phone 8 is for phones.
If Mango devices will be upgradable(a whole new topic and a thread allrady exists discussing that) then you can expect some changes.
Most information out there are rumors and not much can be said for surten.
We will probably get skype integrated into the OS. Other then support for better hardware nothing else is confirmed.
You can expect more apps if access to some native code will be given and if developers will be able to use C++.

I my self are hoping for multitasking and support for apps running in background.

winphnjunkie

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The multi-tasking is the on part I would NOT be looking forward too. I came from Android (who really suck at the multi-tasking I might add) which had horrible battery life with multi tasking. I'm happy that my phone will be at 1/2 charge when I get home after 8-10 hours with moderate use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb