[June 22] St. Louis Windows Phone Development Workshop with Nokia

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
IMPORTANT! Please sign up here and RSVP as Attending on the event page so we know how much pizza and beverages to order: St. Louis Windows Phone Meetup : GroupSpaces

St. Louis Windows Phone Meetup is pleased to announce a Getting Started with Windows Phone Development Workshop, sponsored by Nokia, on June 22, 2012. Nokia Developer Ambassador Rich Dunbar will be leading the workshop. WP7 enthusiasts and developers of all skill levels are welcomed!

This workshop will be focused on the tools and resources you have available as a developer/potential developer for Windows Phone development from Nokia and Microsoft. The event will begin with a brief presentation from Nokia and will then focus on ensuring all the proper tools are introduced and installed. We will review some of the tutorials and quick start projects and then allow time for the attendees to work on the projects they choose and ask questions along the way. The goal of the workshop is to help developers get started on their first Windows Phone app.

This developer workshop is sponsored by Nokia and they have been kind enough to provide pizza and beverages for the workshop. Thanks, Nokia! So come on out with your laptop, have the programming tools installed (or at least downloaded), and arrive hungry for knowledge---and food, too. Although this meetup is primarily focused on WP7 development, we?ll be sure to make time for some enthusiast chatter as we?ve done at the previous meetups.

WP7 Programming tools you will need:

WP7 SDK 7.1 - Download: WP SDK 7.1 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
WP7 SDK 7.1.1 Update - Download: WP SDK 7.1.1 Update - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit - Silverlight Toolkit - Download: Windows Phone Toolkit - Nov 2011 (7.1 SDK)

And, as always, your fearless STL WP7 Meetup leader will have goodies to hand out!

When:
June 22, 2012
5 PM to 10 PM

We?ll begin the food around 5:30 PM and probably wrap everything up around 9 PM or so. That way Rich and I have time to clean up and get out by 10.

Where:
St. Louis Microsoft Offices
3 City Place Dr.
Suite 1100
Creve Coeur, MO 63141

Rich Dunbar is a Nokia Developer Ambassador. His role is to help recruit developers for Windows Phone applications and equip them with the latest tools, resources and information in order to be successful. Rich is a developer himself with apps in the Windows Phone Marketplace, Blackberry App World, and HP webOS App Catalog. He has been involved in the mobile tech community with webOS for the last several years as a forum leader, writer, Sr. Editor and community Ambassador. You can find him on Twitter @RichDunbar and @NokiaDevOKC.

IMPORTANT! Please sign up here and RSVP as Attending on the event page so we know how much pizza and beverages to order: St. Louis Windows Phone Meetup : GroupSpaces

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm just trying to get something started, but I will definitely get in touch with you when I get it rolling. Thanks for the offer!

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Less than three weeks to go, folks. Sign up! I got a *very* nice box of goodies from Microsoft to hand out. Free pizza! Free drinks! Can't beat that.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait to learn. Thanks Rob for getting an awesome group together and Rich for taking valuable time out to share with us.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

cybergrimes

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay Rob I didn't make it last month but funny thing I actually work on the 6th floor of the building where the Microsoft offices are located. I probably don't have an excuse this time.

Not at all a developer so perhaps a quick pop up to say hello?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay Rob I didn't make it last month but funny thing I actually work on the 6th floor of the building where the Microsoft offices are located. I probably don't have an excuse this time.

Not at all a developer so perhaps a quick pop up to say hello?

Haha. You are correct, you have no excuse this time. I'm not a dev either, so don't feel like you're the odd duck. Please do stop by.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
We had a blowout attendance at the Development Workshop. What a showing. 44 people decided to take time out of their Friday evening for WP7. Thank you all very much. One lucky attendee won a Lumia 800 and another won a Focus Flash. There were also plenty of shirts and stickers and WP Central stickers handed out. Thanks, WP Central! Oh, and WP Central also gave out three $25 WP Central Store gift certificates. Awesome!

Microsoft was an excellent host and we're thankful they gave us space on Friday night for free. Thank you, Nokia, for providing food and drinks. They were delicious. And thank you, Rich, for coming out and leading the workshop. You did an excellent job.

It was superb.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos