Gizmodo claims MS is the "Most Exciting Company in Tech Hands Down"

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
According to several of the commenters, Apple was the first company to produce a tablet. Do Apple products come with blinders? If so, I got gypped off. My iPhone only came with stickers I'll never use.

Lol, maybe MS should copy Apple and start putting Win 8 logo stickers packed with every product.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Here's something interesting... On the Canadian tech blog mobilesyrup.com there is little to no trolling on the latest WP8 articles. Just the odd RIM nuthugger. Usually he fandroids are out in full force. Now there's only positive buzz in the comments.

roffleswaffles

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
lol all the Apple fanboys. :lol: ~OH GOD HOW DO WE EVEN KNOW IF ANY OF THESE THINGS WORK THIS HYPE IS MEANINGLESS~

Yep. Apple fanboys. *****ing about things receiving undeserved hype. :lol: At least in this case these products deserve the hype they're getting.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
According to several of the commenters, Apple was the first company to produce a tablet. Do Apple products come with blinders? If so, I got gypped off. My iPhone only came with stickers I'll never use.

Lol, maybe MS should copy Apple and start putting Win 8 logo stickers packed with every product.

I actually like that idea. I'd rock a win8 sticker on my truck.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
right now there is really no contest. Apple has nothing as exciting as Windows 8 on the horizon. They have the next iPhone, which will sell millions but isn't really exciting, and rumors of a TV that may or may not exist that may launch in 2013 or 2014 or not. Google has all its cards on the table, and the idea of them making hardware isn't exciting any more since they have been doing it since 2010, even if the new hardware is a tablet not a phone and Android pretty much has all its cards on the table at this point. I doubt anything new and exciting will come out at I/O other than a rebranded ASUS Memo. Blackberry has A phone coming out this year on their new platform, but nobody but them seems to care. Meanwhile, MS has Windows 8, which is a radical redesign, Windows will run on ARM for the first time, a phone OS that critics love and will likely become the third ecosystem once Verizon is on board this fall, a strong hardware partner in Nokia to build excellent devices, and is realeasing HARDWARE that has everyone wondering if we have the next XBOX or the next Zune about to come from Redmond.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Here's something interesting... On the Canadian tech blog mobilesyrup.com there is little to no trolling on the latest WP8 articles. Just the odd RIM nuthugger. Usually he fandroids are out in full force. Now there's only positive buzz in the comments.

Is that really the name of that site? Oh Canadians, you guys crazy lol.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I do love how here in Finland the perception of Microsoft has changed and how much the company is followed these days. Country that gave birth to linux and has very high rate of Macs.
While MS is truly making more exciting products is one part, probably the real reason lies in Nokia and MS relationship here. :)

Like others here have said, it's Gizmodo so i honestly don't give a crap what they say, but there is certainly change happening in perception of what MS represents.
I have had great feeling about Windows 8 tablets since the start and even with my pessimistic view that MS could not deliver all what the leaks promised on WP8, in the end they seem to do just that.

On tablets MS will have a success imo. I hope they can make same or hopefully even bigger splash on first wave WP8 devices with some winner hardware to lure people in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99