Orlando Nokia/WP Developer Workshop and Hackathon

Ryan St. Andrie

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello Windows Phone fans. Some of you may know me from my contributions in the webOS Community and more specifically as a writer for webOS Nation. Anyhow, the title pretty much tells you the purpose for this thread.

I am helping Nokia Ambassador Rich Dunbar put together a developer workshop/hackathon here in the Central Florida area. More specifically this event will be held on Friday 8/10/12 from 5pm-10pm at the lovely Double Tree by Hilton in downtown Orlando. This event will focus on getting you started developing for Windows Phone and hopefully have you well on your way to submitting your first app in the future. Even if you're already an experienced developer you're more than welcome to attend as we will be rolling up our proverbial sleeves and having a mini hackathon later on.

If you are interested in attending this event we ask that you RSVP as seating is limited. You can RSVP via our Meetup group Nokia Meetup - Orlando, FL | Aug 10, 2012 - Meetup. If you plan on doing any coding that day it would be a good idea to bring the your laptop and have all of the necessary programming tools to get started.

WP7 Programming tools you will need:

WP7 SDK 7.1 - Download: WP SDK 7.1 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
WP7 SDK 7.1.1 Update - Download: WP SDK 7.1.1 Update - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit - Silverlight Toolkit - Download: Windows Phone Toolkit - Nov 2011 (7.1 SDK)

So if you're a current developer, interested in getting started developing, or just a plain ol' Windows Phone junky we cordially invite you to show up. We hope to see many of you there on 8/10 ;)

Last edited:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Good job, Ryan! As a veteran of one of these Dev Workshops with Rich, I highly recommend your attendees install the tools before coming. If they don't, they're going to be waiting a very long time for the installation files to be downloaded and processed by the installers. Trust me on this one. Install all tools first before coming to the Dev Workshop!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos