Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geekmaster

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    yes you read it right. i want to find furniture for my bedroom that will go with the clean and modern design of metro ui. i will be heading to ikea soon for shopping. in general does anyone have any idea's what kinda furniture style best fits with Microsoft's metro ui design?
    Windows phone 8. Born in the year of our lord twenty twelve
    cedarlog likes this.

Hmmm...

It's a digital design language that exists to provide information in a concise and efficent way, so I'm not quite sure that works.

But if you want to be inspired by it, I suppose you could get stuff that serves its purpose without being cluttered with additional design that isn't functional. I could see how it could work with things like clocks, where the purpose is to convey information.

Not so sure about stuff like tables and beds.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    well i do remember microsofts vision for the future video's. but the furniture there was pretty stale looking. almost akin to future dystopia movies like the hunger games, soylent green, and sleeper.

IKEA has great Metro themed furniture! I own this stuff (albeit mine are all black/brown):

KARLSTAD Sofa - Blekinge white - IKEA
    LACK TV unit - birch effect - IKEA
    LACK Coffee table - black-brown, 35 3/8x21 5/8 " - IKEA
    LACK Side table - white, 21 5/8x21 5/8 " - IKEA
    MALM Bed frame - black-brown, Queen - IKEA

The bedframe allows attachments, which is awesome. Don't let them poke fun at you about this, either--I'm taking Metro into my whole life!

Last edited by torchxit; 07-14-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    yeah those pax wardrobes look like the windows phone start screen ;) to bad i will have a walk if closet at the town house so i have no need for it. any idea's on lighting along with shelves?

also this forum is open to anyone who has similar metro needs for their furnishings. so please don't be shy. we are here to help everyone not just myself.
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,394 Global Posts
    Anything boxy.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)