How geeky or nerdy are you?

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
A geek is just a nerd with some fashion sense...

DE38EE31-B41D-4F82-BAA8-9C8A7E9143BC-2432-00000339A217660E.jpg

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
How geeky or nerdy am I? You tell me.

I'm 46 years old and I have collected X-Men comic books since I was 15.
I've read every Star Trek novel published.
I can't even list all the sci-fi movies and television series I have watched.
I created a steam-punk rocketeer costume in my garage and wore it for Halloween.
I still have my Texas Instruments Ti 99.
I drive a scooter.
I have a Windows Phone because I thought Zune was awesome.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
How geeky or nerdy am I? You tell me.

I'm 46 years old and I have collected X-Men comic books since I was 15.
I've read every Star Trek novel published.
I can't even list all the sci-fi movies and television series I have watched.
I created a steam-punk rocketeer costume in my garage and wore it for Halloween.
I still have my Texas Instruments Ti 99.
I drive a scooter.
I have a Windows Phone because I thought Zune was awesome.

You would like the TV series, "Ancient Aliens". :smile:

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I dont think I am. I go running at least 3 times a week. Lift weights. Never read a comic book in my life. Never owned a mac or iPhone. Had a nano but it broke in 2 months. I chose to leap and and get the windows phone because android is a disorganized piece of crap. And I never looked back.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
According to Lak611's test:

Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test ...
Pure Nerd

52 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 13% Dork​

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never read a book in my life, but I've never failed an academic test either.

I love gadgets and smartphones, but also enjoy partying and going out drinking w/ friends. I like all sports and will watch all.

I'm no where near shy (anymore... I'm told when I was a kid, I was extremely shy. lol).

I'm a flirt. My circle of "friends" is very small. Used to be a lot large circle of friends.

So I guess I'd call myself a nerd.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how many folks have seen the TV show The IT Crowd. It's one of my favorites.

Here's another quiz. who are you, Moss, Roy or Jen? THE IT CROWD | Quizfarm.com

My result: You Scored as Royyou are Roy!!! you're an I.T geek. you work in the basement at Reynholm Industries + the people upstairs have no idea who you are although you long to be accepted by them. you know more about women + interacting with people than your best friend Moss does though. you live on junk food and appear to be eating most of the time. you read a lot of comics + wear computer related t-shirts that probably only other I.T men would understand. "hello I.T, have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Roy
80%
Moss
30%
Jen
0%

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how many folks have seen the TV show The IT Crowd. It's one of my favorites.

Here's another quiz. who are you, Moss, Roy or Jen? THE IT CROWD | Quizfarm.com

My result: You Scored as Royyou are Roy!!! you're an I.T geek. you work in the basement at Reynholm Industries + the people upstairs have no idea who you are although you long to be accepted by them. you know more about women + interacting with people than your best friend Moss does though. you live on junk food and appear to be eating most of the time. you read a lot of comics + wear computer related t-shirts that probably only other I.T men would understand. "hello I.T, have you tried turning it off and on again?"

lol where do you find all these quizzes? :winktongue:

I don't watch the IT Crowd, but took the quiz any way. I am Moss apparently. 80% Moss 40% Roy 30% Jen

I might see if I can catch this show sometime, seems interesting

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
lol where do you find all these quizzes? :winktongue:

I don't watch the IT Crowd, but took the quiz any way. I am Moss apparently. 80% Moss 40% Roy 30% Jen

I might see if I can catch this show sometime, seems interesting

I just Googled and found the quiz.

I found out about "The IT Crowd" from a friend and watched it on Netflix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss