Bowing out gracefully

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Something I was wondering. Why do people make big exit speeches from tech forums when switching phones/platforms? I've never done that. At all. I would switch to the phone I want and make my exit quietly. What do people benefit from posting all of that if they don't plan on returning?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they felt like they were part of the community. And there are a few posters who they felt they has camaraderie with.

Also, when someone makes a grand exit, I normally expect them to be back. I think most of them expect to return also. So it's almost like a "don't forget me while I'm gone" post.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Winning Guy. I didn't start a thread on Crackberry to say I was switching, but I did mention my switch in a thread that already existed for that purpose.

I had been very active there and even got a member request my PIN the day before I would no longer have a PIN.

I still post there occasionally.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Maybe they felt like they were part of the community. And there are a few posters who they felt they has camaraderie with.

Also, when someone makes a grand exit, I normally expect them to be back. I think most of them expect to return also. So it's almost like a "don't forget me while I'm gone" post.

That makes sense.

From time to time you'll see a post that starts off with, "You all have probably wondered where I have been the last few weeks....". Those types of post would be from someone who feels camaraderie, even through others may not care where he's been, or noticed he was gone for a few weeks.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Something I was wondering. Why do people make big exit speeches from tech forums when switching phones/platforms? I've never done that. At all. I would switch to the phone I want and make my exit quietly. What do people benefit from posting all of that if they don't plan on returning?
sounds like the politicians of today :dry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs