Does AT&T offer early upgrades?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I hope that 20 months is not considered my early upgrade. I came over to AT&T with the release of the Lumia 900. Wondering if I am stuck until my contract is over or if they can let me buy a subsides WP8 device and simply start my contract time over. Verizon did this for me on numerous occasions. I'm hoping AT&T would be so gracious.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
At the 1 year mark, I think you can get a smaller discount.

I'm in a similar boat with my Titan. I'd have to wait until Christmas to get a 1-year discount, so I'm looking at full price. It's a question of how bad you want it and whether it's in your budget to pay full price.

For me, this one time, it is.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking this one time its that important. That is if 7.8 doesn't provide a significant array of changes.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
7.8 does NOT include any significant improvements beyond the start screen.

If I'm wrong, I'll be happy as a pig in crap to admit it when it's proven, but I'd also bet that happy little oinker that I'm right.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's usually about 15-18 months until you can get a full upgrade. Maybe slight discount at a year I doubt you'll get anything at 4 months.

Find a friend who you can add to a family plan. They will get a better deal than what they pay on their own contract, give them the 900 and you get the new phone.

Or be like me, have 3 kids and stagger out their contracts. Than you have an upgrade every 6 months and give them the old phones. :lol:

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
7.8 does NOT include any significant improvements beyond the start screen.

If I'm wrong, I'll be happy as a pig in crap to admit it when it's proven, but I'd also bet that happy little oinker that I'm right.
at a minimum it will at least have to include xbox music to replace the dearly departing Zune. And Nokia is promising more. Time to put up or shut down... :cool:

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I cannot claim anything for anyone else, but what happened to me was I bought the Focus S, with new 2 year agreement, and then talked myself into a Lumia when they came out.

I fully expected to pay full price at the ATT store when I went in to get it as it was only like 4 or so months into my contract. While I did not get it for the 2 year commitment price, the sales guy did knock 100$ of the full price. The only caveat being I renewed my 2 year agreement from that date as apposed to the earlier one.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Most of these posters are correct. Any carrier will do whatever they can to restart you on a 2-year hitch. It does truly depend on who you talk to. My advice is to try online, in store, and over the phone and see who is more generous at the time. For me, I do not want to start another 2 year deal, so I will either enjoy my Focus S until November 2013 or I will buy at full price.

But, I am not the brightest LED on the Christmas tree either. So just keep shopping until someone comes off the deal you want or you see they won't quite get there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos