What's your favorite whisky?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I personally prefer Johnnie walker. Specifically double black ( as far as taste goes ). So what whisky do you guys prefer?

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Years ago I got to try some Johnny Walker blue label and it was truly amazing. Just a little too expensive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Years ago I got to try some Johnny Walker blue label and it was truly amazing. Just a little too expensive.

May have to give this a try.

And now that I think about it, one of my favorite drinks is Manhattan, which is composed of whiskey.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Ardbeg Single Malt Whisky...

From their website:

An explosion of crackling peat sets off millions of flavour explosions on the tongue: peat effervesces with tangy lemon and lime juice, black pepper pops with sizzling cinnamon-spiced toffee. This is followed by a wave of brine infused with smooth buttermilk, ripe bananas and currants. Smoke gradually wells up on the palate bringing a mouthful of warm creamy cappuccino and toasted marshmallows. As the taste lengthens and deepens, dry espresso, liquorice root and tarry smoke develop coating the palate with chewy peat oils.

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The bottle was only about $180 at the time, but it was the bar markup that was the killer lol. Needless to say they didn't sell much of that.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you lived in NY I would buy you a bottle of Johnnie on your 21st birthday.

And I never heard of old crow.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The bottle was only about $180 at the time, but it was the bar markup that was the killer lol. Needless to say they didn't sell much of that.

One of my friends buys a blue label every month. I saw it for $250 on eBay.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
At a bar, I'll drink jack. When I buy a bottle, my favorite is currently Woodford Reserve.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Woodword is a bourbon. So, it would be closer to jack, made in a bourbon fashion, tho it is not a bourbon, since it is made in Tennessee. Johnnie Walker is a scotch. It isn't entirely different, but it is a completely different distilling process.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb