World Series 2012 - Make Your Pick!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
So who are you picking to win the 2012 World Series?

Here's my take on it. I am a Chicago White Sox fan. I've seen the Tigers play throughout the year and I know what a powerhouse they are, but I think the Giants have some crazy momentum on their side now. If the Cardinal & Giants series had went any other way. I would pick the Tigers, but I am putting my money on the Giants to win.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It should be interesting. If someone had asked me at the beginning of the season which teams would be playing in the World Series, I never would have picked those two.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I say Tigers, but there is something about this year's Giants team that is worrying me.

I hear ya. There's no doubt in my mind that the Tigers are the better team, but the Giants have that crazy momentum on their side now. It's almost like magical things happen when you get that crazy momentum on your side, it's like you can take on the world. :D

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'd settle for pitching.

The biggest problem with the Twins is economics. They aren't a big market MLB team, so they don't have the money to keep all their good players around. They can keep a few, like Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau, but not what they need.

You have no idea how happy I was when the Twins let Johan Santana go. :D

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
A little bit of rest is good. However, too much rest is bad.

I believe Detroit had way too much rest before this game, and it bit them in the backside, especially with the momentum San Francisco has.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Twins fan. So anyone but the Tigers/White Sox/Indians

Don't worry about the Indians.

I live in Cleveland, but I don't think the Indians will ever be anything more than a farm team for the rest of MLB as long as the cheapskate Dolans own the team.

I'm sorry, but any owners that get rid of Cy Young winners 2 years in a row for some has-beens, never-will-bes, and a bag of balls are a joke.

I won't even care about or follow the Indians until the cheap Dolans sell the team.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Game 2 Final Score: Giants 2 Tigers 0

Here's my prediction, the Tigers will pounce on the Giants in Game 3 in Detroit. They will let the Giants know what a powerhouse they really are. No less than 10 runs scored by the Tigers.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs