Irritated by Microsoft Store

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if this is the correct place to put this thread...

Over the weekend I made my first trip to the local Microsoft store in Oakbrook, IL. I didn't really expect much, and kind of had in my mind that it'd be a little more...unique.

It's practically a mirror of the Apple store, which is just across from the Microsoft store. Both the layout and the uniforms (name tags) are literally just ripped from the Apple store, and given a new hue of color. It kind of embarassed me! I am always defending Microsoft with the "..they don't copy.." arguments, but there is no way I could do that here!

Have any of you noticed the same thing? What are your stores like?

----------------
Aside from the straight up copying, the employees were very helpful, the store was PACKED on a Saturday night at 8pm, and I got plenty of hands on time with Surface and other Win8 PCs. I am very impressed with all of the new hardware. :)

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Horrible isn't it? I'm going to return my Surface and get an iPad now. Thanks for the heads up

**Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express**

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Unfortuately when I did a google search to find a photo of a Microsoft store, a Mac-Cult website shows exactly what I am talking about... Lets not be blind guys.

I'm no Apple Fan-Boy, or "Troll". I am simply looking to see who else has the same opinion.

The Apple Store vs. The Microsoft Store [Photo] | Cult of Mac

Screen-Shot-2011-12-02-at-4.33.51-PM-640x241.jpg

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
There are definitely similarities.

It doesn't bug me at all though. There are similarities from Best Buy to Circuit City to Good Guys.

There are similarities between Target and Wal-Mart.

If I go into Vons it's pretty similar to Ralph's and Albertsons.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
comparing picture's I really don't see the big deal here, the only similarities I see is that they are both using a logo for the store sign and they both use tables. Seeing that they are both in the same mall really keeps me from being able to defend either one as far as the entrance goes. MSFT has chairs at the tables, a lounge, wood floors, completely different lighting design, and they don't have a clear path down the center of the store. The back is also very different and I don't see any employees standing around with big name tag lanyards. Of course there are some similarities, but theres also a lot of differences. I can't really judge too much because there isn't a Microsoft store here.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been to both the Apple & MS stores here. I didn't leave either one irritated. I actual had a great experience in both stores. Other than having a drink at the bar, they are my favorite places in the mall. :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb