Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alpinestars1z

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Anyone see it? I thought it was funny, haha.

Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    32,967 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Whether one loves or hates Apple, Apple will definitely not be the same without Scott Forstall.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    interestingly that comic makes them look like the 3 stooges....pretty appropriate since they dumped Scott. Apple did the same to SJ back in the 90s and look where that got them.

That company is so hosed.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Apple will be fine.

**Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express**
    My next phone...
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Reminds me of when J. Allard left Microsoft and everyone was like, "wut will t3h micro$oft do?!?" Release some awesome products is what they did.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    haha...people said that?...Allard oversaw Zune, KIN, and Courier. We know how all that turned out. His claim to fame was Xbox...but the RROD tarnished that rep.

The one good thing I can say about Forstall leaving is that no more skeumorphic design crap.

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    haha...people said that?...Allard oversaw Zune, KIN, and Courier. We know how all that turned out. His claim to fame was Xbox...but the RROD tarnished that rep.

The one good thing I can say about Forstall leaving is that no more skeumorphic design crap.
    The Zune HD was pretty nice, I owned one. I liked how the title of the song and the band name and stuff like that would scroll across the screen in the background and different angles. It looked nice.

But why would anyone buy it when they've never heard of it and there's an iPod touch available that could access the iOS app store?

And I actually made money off the RROD thing. Thanks Allard! :P
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx

Global Posts
    32,967 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    The Zune HD was pretty nice, I owned one. I liked how the title of the song and the band name and stuff like that would scroll across the screen in the background and different angles. It looked nice.

But why would anyone buy it when they've never heard of it and there's an iPod touch available that could access the iOS app store?

And I actually made money off the RROD thing. Thanks Allard! :P
    I never knew anyone who had a Zune. One of my friends had a co-worker who had a Zune, but I didn't know that person. I just remember my friend mentioning seeing the Zune. I never even played with a Zune in a store. I'd have to do a web search to even tell what a Zune looks like.

You missed out because the Zune HD is a great piece of hardware. I still look them up on ebay now and then to see if i can find one just to keep on hand.

Global Posts
    32,967 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    You missed out because the Zune HD is a great piece of hardware. I still look them up on ebay now and then to see if i can find one just to keep on hand.
    I had a SanDisk mp3 player back in the day. Then my smartphones became my mp3 players.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I had an original Zune 30 and still have my Zune HD. The Zune HD is a great piece of hardware and has some great software. The app aspect of it was terrible, but as a music device it is fantastic. I use it still when I travel so I don't have to wear down my cell phone battery on those long international flights. I travel very frequently, so it gets plenty of use.
    Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
    Past Phones: iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus Flash, Nokia Lumia 900, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4

Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro, Nexus 7

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    Definitely. I loved the build quality and the design. Lol, now you've made me miss mine. I feel like getting another one now.

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I had a SanDisk mp3 player back in the day. Then my smartphones became my mp3 players.
    I still have a SanDisk Fuze that gets some occasional use. I never get around to loading up music on my phone. Probably because I'm always doing hard resets or switching phones every six months.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post

Well, skeumorphism has its place, and no doubt some users find a virtual bookshelf comforting in a way - but let's face it, it's putting lipstick on a pig. In the end, it's just a prettied up icon, and if you remove the skeumorphic element, it becomes Windows 3.1.
    My next phone...

Quote Originally Posted by txaggies07 View Post
    I had an original Zune 30 and still have my Zune HD. The Zune HD is a great piece of hardware and has some great software. The app aspect of it was terrible, but as a music device it is fantastic. I use it still when I travel so I don't have to wear down my cell phone battery on those long international flights. I travel very frequently, so it gets plenty of use.
    I LOVE my Zune HD! Fly with it, drive with it, run with it, etc. I also had the original 30 back in the day. It was an excellent device as well, but the HD is better suited for running anyway. I'm just hoping my W8 phone will be good enough to replace my Zune...since MS stopped making them.

There was a Canadian Zune site that sold them up until last year. I kept thinking of getting a blue HD but couldn't pull the trigger. Eventually they stopped carrying them and I was out of luck :(

BTW do other people here still like to keep like to listen to their music on MP3 players rather than their phones? People always ask me why I don't just listen to my music on my phone and keep it to carrying one device, but for some reason I just like the audio quality on a player better.