Anyone see Apple's noise cancellation adds?

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
These crack me up. Every phone on the market has used a second loudspeaker for noise cancellation for, what... two years. I've gotta admit, Apple is smart. I'm sure most of the world doesn't realize this is a very NORMAL feature and will think that Apple invented the whole thing.

Anyways, thought I would share this. Maybe Microsoft should advertise that they have this new innovation called "email synching" and see how that goes.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
These crack me up. Every phone on the market has used a second loudspeaker for noise cancellation for, what... two years. I've gotta admit, Apple is smart. I'm sure most of the world doesn't realize this is a very NORMAL feature and will think that Apple invented the whole thing.

Anyways, thought I would share this. Maybe Microsoft should advertise that they have this new innovation called "email synching" and see how that goes.

I thought the same thing... not only that though, that panaramic picture taking too... it's not new. Maybe new to Apple, but not the rest of us.

Just wait till Apple invents NFC and wireless charging. The world's axis will shift because it is going to be so revolutionary.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Saw that ad last night, and didn't know whether or laugh or cry. Majority of phones had it for at least 2 years, some even had it for much longer. But you have to admit, Apple's ad agency knows what's up, they know that majority of consumers don't know what we know, they know that majority of Apple users are not aware that this tech has been around for a while now.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Has this not been on iPhones before, or do they just know how dumb most of us (Consumers) are?

Yes, at least the 4s had it... My wife had to return her first 4s cause no one could hear her talking... The "geniuses"
said it was an issue on some phones, where the noise canceling mic was canceling everything out. I think it was more an issue of the normal mic not working.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Lol, just saw another iOS commercial advertising a feature other phones have... At least WP8 does... In the commercial, a guy selects multiple pictures to share with people. Curious, I unlocked my 920, selected multiple pictures and hit send... Options came up for post to Facebook, tap+send, email, etc... So what are they trying to show, that they have the same features as others?

Do Apples advertisers even know what they are doing? I don't think Steve would approve.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Reminds me of the ad they were running last year, talking about how "iPhone 4S has an advanced lithium polymer battery to give you more life from a charge." Right... because LiPol batteries are SO RARE. :winktongue:

It works for them, though. People lap it up!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The marketing definitely works though. Several weeks ago my dad called and boasted of the iPhone 5's ability to do panoramic pictures and was crowing over Apple's "innovative" new feature. He was literally quite shocked to find out that other phones have been able to do this for some time now - he was silent for a bit thinking up a response :p No matter everything I told him, my money is on him coming back to me with "Wow! Noise cancelling microphone. Does your phone have THAT?" Hehe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo