What are your favorite sports teams?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
NBA - NY Knicks and will have to support the Brooklyn Nets now.
NFL - Giants and although I hate to admit it, I still support Jets.
NHL - Rangers and Devils
MLB - Yankees, with support for the Mets

Sports without teams (golf, tennis), you can mention your favorite player.

Last edited:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
My cousins got me 2 mini helmets for each time I went. I think it's safe to say that they are pushing me in the direction of the Chicago Bears :grin: Although I do actually enjoy watching them play from time to time.

In football/soccer, I followed Manchester United, but football is in a sorry state right now IMO and I find it hard to watch.

I occasionally watch tennis and I like Rafael Nadal due to his playstyle. Unfortunately he has had injury problems in recent years.

Attachments

• WP_20121129.jpg
    WP_20121129.jpg
    849.5 KB · Views: 0

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
My cousins got me 2 mini helmets for each time I went. I think it's safe to say that they are pushing me in the direction of the Chicago Bears :grin: Although I do actually enjoy watching them play from time to time.

In football/soccer, I followed Manchester United, but football is in a sorry state right now IMO and I find it hard to watch.

I occasionally watch tennis and I like Rafael Nadal due to his playstyle. Unfortunately he has had injury problems in recent years.

Those helmets are the greatest honor a man can have.

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
NFL - #1 Bears, #2 Colts (I like the Colts, but was still VERY disappointed with 2006); also, ANY team that is playing the Packers
NBA - Bulls
MLB - Cubs (not bandwagon, born a northsider)
NHL - Blackhawks
NCAA - Purdue Boilermakers

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I live and die with my beloved University of Michigan Wolverines. I bleed maize and blue which is odd considering I'm Canadian.
**Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express**

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
NBA: Cavaliers
NFL: Browns
NCAA football and basketball: Ohio State University (because my cousins went to OSU--they weren't football players, but I still follow OSU sports).

Those are the sports I follow. I'm not really interested in baseball, and we don't have an NHL team here.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Those helmets are the greatest honor a man can have.

I watched America's Game: The '85 Bears a while back and just getting to know a bit of the history of one the NFL's storied franchises in itself was quite the honor. But to then be given these 2 babies, I am truly humbled :grin:

NFL - #1 Bears, #2 Colts (I like the Colts, but was still VERY disappointed with 2006); also, ANY team that is playing the Packers
NBA - Bulls
MLB - Cubs (not bandwagon, born a northsider)
NHL - Blackhawks
NCAA - Purdue Boilermakers

I too try to support the team playing the Packers now, but I have 2 of the players in my fantasy team this season so I have to somewhat support them

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I watched America's Game: The '85 Bears a while back and just getting to know a bit of the history of one the NFL's storied franchises in itself was quite the honor. But to then be given these 2 babies, I am truly humbled :grin:

I too try to support the team playing the Packers now, but I have 2 of the players in my fantasy team this season so I have to somewhat support them

Good luck with your fantasy team. How are you doing so far?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm current'y 7-5 in my fantasy league, which I'm somewhat pleased with, but I'm 2 games back from the 2 leaders in my division so I can't make the winner's bracket. I'm hoping to finish with a winning record this year since this is my second year doing it and that was my target coming into this season. I'm really enjoying playing since it makes me cheer for teams and players I otherwise wouldn't be following. I had your Cleveland Browns Brandon Weeden as my starter for a couple of games, which he helped me win :wink:. I otherwise wouldn't have really known much about him. Btw great win for the Browns over the Steelers last week

Do you, or anyone else here for that matter, play fantasy football? Maybe we could do a WPCentral fantasy league next year haha.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
MLB: Texas Rangers
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
COLLEGE: South Carolina Gamecocks, Texas Tech Red Raiders, and Newberry College Wolves

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Tell me about it, I have Aaron Rodgers as my QB. I always hope for him to throw for a ton of yards and TDs...but the other team have more!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm current'y 7-5 in my fantasy league, which I'm somewhat pleased with, but I'm 2 games back from the 2 leaders in my division so I can't make the winner's bracket. I'm hoping to finish with a winning record this year since this is my second year doing it and that was my target coming into this season. I'm really enjoying playing since it makes me cheer for teams and players I otherwise wouldn't be following. I had your Cleveland Browns Brandon Weeden as my starter for a couple of games, which he helped me win :wink:. I otherwise wouldn't have really known much about him. Btw great win for the Browns over the Steelers last week

Do you, or anyone else here for that matter, play fantasy football? Maybe we could do a WPCentral fantasy league next year haha.
That's cool! I hope you finish with a winning record.

I don't play this year, but I'd be interested in playing next season. I have played in the past, but it's been a fantasy league with people at work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro