Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    These are my favorites. I've also owned a number of other devices that go in the "pile of dishonor," including a bevy of Android bricks, the Samsung Instinct, and a BlackBerry "WorldPhone" on Verizon (pre-Tour series).

2000:

1.gif

2002:

2.jpg

2004:

3.jpg

2005:

4.jpg

2007:

6.jpg

Late 2007:

7.jpg

2008:

8.jpg
    2009:

9.jpg

2011:10.jpg11.jpg
    Late 2012 (until it broke)
    13.jpg

Today:

14.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.jpg  
    palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Of jeeze, lets see if I can remember.

Nokia 5165
    Nokia (can't remember which one)
    Motorola v60i
    Motorola t720
    (2 other phones, but I can't remember what they were)
    Motorola razr
    Motorola rokr
    Sony Ericsson z310i
    At&t quickfire (worst phone ever)
    IPhone 3g
    IPhone 4
    HTC syatus
    Blackberry torch
    Blackberry curve
    HTC inspire
    HTC one x
    Samsung galaxy skyrocket
    Lumia 920

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    My list is extensive as well. It's nice to see in not the only phone junkie.

Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    minamobiler.jpg
    Here they are, Ive been happy with all of them accept for the Motorola in the middle, it wasn't that good. The best are the Lumia, iPhones and the Shiny LG with the Mirror-Display (I still have it as a souvenir of great design)

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    Let's see:
    - Nokia 918
    - Nokia 252
    - Startac 4000 series
    - Startac 5000 series
    - Ericsson T28Z (before Sony)
    - Motorola Timeport
    - Sanyo Ruggedized something or other
    - BlackBerry 8330
    - Blackberry 9650
    - Nokia L800
    - HTC 8S (for one day)
    - Samsung Ativ S (this week sometime)
    My next phone...

I don't remember whole timeline, there were many...
    Here's my first one - Motorola Profile... I remember bringing it to school - there were like 2-3 other people in whole school who had cellphones, most still had beepers/pagers... Once someone tried to rob me after the school after seeing me in school with this phone - it didn't go well for that person, but I stopped carrying it to school after that, to not provoke the others ;-)
    13769388-motorolaprofile300e.jpg

And here's my all-time favorite phone... I remember using it to read "WAP"-accessible Yahoo news (and other sites) using a free "WAP" gateway access from T-Mobile back when there were no smartphones or proper mobile browsers or "data plans" ;-) Ericsson was an awesome company back then, too bad Sony killed it...
    sony-ericsson-t28-world-flip-design.jpg
    Mine goes:
    - Nokia 6061
    - Motorola Razr V3t
    - BlackBerry 8220 Pearl Flip
    - HTC HD7

- Nokia 810

Started with a Cingular Go Phone and have been with T-mobile ever since. Feels nice to go full circle and be back with Nokia with my 6061 being my loudest phone imo :)

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Kj View Post
    I don't remember whole timeline, there were many...
    Here's my first one - Motorola Profile... I remember bringing it to school - there were like 2-3 other people in whole school who had cellphones, most still had beepers/pagers... Once someone tried to rob me after the school after seeing me in school with this phone - it didn't go well for that person, but I stopped carrying it to school after that, to not provoke the others ;-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13769388-motorolaprofile300e.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	26822
    That was my first phone also! But we never took it to school (I got it when I turned 16 in 2000, it mostly stayed in the car). No one where I lived EVER had beepers...maybe 1 kid that I remember... But our area completely skipped that fad, really was pointless. Most kids ended up with a cell phone by 2001 to 2002, but no one ever used them as the minutes were pretty tight. Everyone knew that if they were calling your cell, it had to be pretty important and kept under 50 seconds, haha

Do you remember your plan? We had a family plan, with 100 minutes a month to share. I think you could call 1 number without using minutes, so that was tied to the house number.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    The early model numbers escape me but here it goes:
    Motorola Flip phone on Ameritech
    Motorola bar phone on Sprint
    Nokia bar phone on CBW
    Nokia slider on CBW
    Hitachi G1000 on Sprint
    Samsung flip phone on sprint (G1000 was huge)
    HTC Mogul on Sprint
    Samsung Moment on Sprint
    Blackberry on VZW
    Blackberry Bold on VZW
    HTC EVO on Sprint
    HTC Arrive on Sprint
    HTC Titan on AT&T
    Nokia Lumia 900 on AT&T
    Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T

I think that covers it.
    Developer

timeline.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Curtieson View Post

Do you remember your plan? We had a family plan, with 100 minutes a month to share. I think you could call 1 number without using minutes, so that was tied to the house number.
    Nah, don't remember the plan... Was long time ago - in 1997 or so. It was expensive, though, so I never used it for "long chats" with female "friends", only for emergency calls, or for notifying my friends/relatives about my location.
    I also remember one day when I was just playing with it on subway train one dude came to me and asked to hold teh phone... I gave it to him, he looked at it from all sides, asked few questions about costs and its features, then gave it back to me... Never had it happen with any other phones, not even my iPhones or my current Lumia 920, and I doubt it'll ever happen again, at least until someone will come up with a truly revolutionary model (something with a holographic projector instead of regular display or something like this).
    bobby-mutton.jpg

I had a gap in 2000 when I didn't own a phone. I can't remember the exact name of my 2004 motorola flip phone, this was before the RAZER came out. I used to live and die by blackberry. I had blackberry for about 4 years. My last 3 phones have been windows phone. I will most likely buy a iphone as my next device because my needs have changed. (I need access to my work cameras and only on iphone, also some work app are only available for iOS), and of course app sharing. Still love my windows phone. I may even sport both phones ;)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Too many to do a timeline for... I did the last few.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

1. Nokia 3510i
    3510i.jpg

2. Sony Ericsson K700i
    k700i.jpg

3. Nokia 6555
    6555.jpg

4. Nokia 5800 Xpress Music
    5800xm.jpg

5. HTC HD2
    hd2.jpg

6. Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
    arc.jpg

7. Nokia Lumia 800
    l800.jpg

8. Nokia Lumia 920
    l920.jpg
    I think a picture timeline will takedown this thread because I have gone through a lot of phone over the last 15 years or so. So here we go...

Nokia 7110 - Philips Twist - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 3210 - Samsung N105 - Alcatel OT512 - Nokia 8250 - Nokia 6510 - Nokia 8855 - Nokia 2100 - Nokia 2600 - Motorola A380 - Nokia 6101 - Nokia 3120 - Motorola L7 - Nokia E50 - Nokia E65 - Nokia 5300 - Nokia E61i - Nokia E63 - Nokia E71 - Motorola V3i - Nokia 5130 - Nokia N97 mini - Nokia Asha 309 - Nokia Lumia 620

Yep, I'm serious I've used all of them. The longest that I've ever hold on to was the Nokia E71 and N97 mini both for 2 years. The shortest was the Nokia 6101 for 2 weeks as it was stolen. Currently I have the old, rugged Nokia N97 mini and of course my brand new Windows Phone powered Nokia Lumia 620 =D
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White

One of my all time favourites wasn't in mowned.com's list: The Samsung ZM60. Had it since 2005, gave it to my mother two years ago and she still uses it. Same old battery and only recently it started showing its age :-) Have to say, before Android I was a Samsung mobile phone fan. I kept theirs the longest. I still regret selling the Samsung G600 (purple) because it was so pretty ;-) I never got used to Android, never really liked it even though I had three Androids. With smartphones, the iPhone 3G was the best until I got my Lumia 820!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    motorola-v195.gifsamsung-t539.jpgblackberry-8120.gifblackberry-pearl-flip-8220-1.jpgmov3.gifbb-curve-8520.jpghtc-radar.jpg

I'm currently waiting for a HTC 8X (Part 2), a Sony-better-get-off-their-asses before I get another phone at the end of this year for Windows Phone 8.5, Lenovo WP8.5, or Microsoft Surface phone..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails motorola_v195_00.jpg   samsung-t539-01.jpg   blackberry-8120_00.jpg   blackberry-pearl-flip-8220_01.jpg   bb-curve-8520.jpg  

Hey,

Silly q, I have the link for my Mowned timeline.. how do I paste this in my sig?

Its just appearing as text at the moment..

Global Posts
    1,871 Global Posts
    WOw, some classics.... My first phone was a Moto StarTac (led display), then I moved to assorted Moto phones over the years, v60, v60i, v710....then I jumped into the HTC Apache as my first smart phone...but, I always carried around Microsoft PDA (PocketPC/Windows Mobile) and with my v60(I) and v710, I had adapters where I could use the phone for internet access (internet sharing)...

As I always had a PDA and phone, the Apache was the model that made me switch from both to a single device... and the rest is history...see below...
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12