Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Quote Originally Posted by viktor_k View Post
    Yea, pretty sure NOK will see a drop to around 3.70 before next week, but if i'm wrong then good for them. Its a bit scary touching a stock that has so much activity.
    Why? If you know what you have, then you just let the market fluctuate. I think this stock is massively undervalued. It could go back to $2.50 tomorrow and I'd be just fine. Sure I would have preferred to sell first, then buy back, but I'm more concerned about missing the jump up. As long as the trend is up, I'm in for the ride. Can't wait until the golden cross, we'll have technical traders pouring in.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    and if the price keeps going up as it is today, more and more people will invest which should keep bumping it up

Well, its at 3.70 today, i'm sure the stock will rise up above 20$ in the next 2-3 years, so long term I see good gains, but short term day traders will milk this stock for at least a few more months, so you'll see these big swings specially with news rolling in every other day.

at least that's what I'm doing for now (or trying).
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    If Nokia takes China and India in marketshare, the rest of the world can go pound sand...including the United States of Applefanbois.
    a5cent likes this.

yea, China is big for them, and of course India loves microsoft, so those two markets look good for them. The only problem is that China or India have never been able to set a trend (at least in technology) they follow trends but not lead or establish them. So even if it does succeed in China and India, it won't mean that it will catch on in US. I'd like to see it though, there are some signs out there that people are starting to understand that there's more than Google and Apple, so that's good.

Viktor, I meant why do you find it scary to hold a position in such a volatile stock? We know it's not going to 0 anytime soon.

Nokia is a great buy right now anywhere below $5.00 per. Nokia is pretty strong with a great design team, I like this stock in the mid-range low long...
    Well, its at 3.70 today, i'm sure the stock will rise up above 20$ in the next 2-3 years
    If that happens, myself and a few others here can retire early.
  10.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    now I'll tell my dad to buy 20k shares. Lol. Jk.

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    now I'll tell my dad to buy 20k shares. Lol. Jk.
    Ummm, tell your dad to hold off, i have to buy mine back first....

Quote Originally Posted by LikeWaah View Post
    Viktor, I meant why do you find it scary to hold a position in such a volatile stock? We know it's not going to 0 anytime soon.
    Yea, i figured that's what you meant, forgot to reply about that though. There are people that look at 3$ and feel that if eventually they sell at 10$ that's good enough, and there are people that will make 3x as much with the same number of stock. Of course there are those people that like to be in that latter category but end up loosing their pants. I'd like to think I'm not going to loose my pants. Luckily I'm not playing with large sum yet.

Yea, i figured that's what you meant, forgot to reply about that though. There are people that look at 3$ and feel that if eventually they sell at 10$ that's good enough, and there are people that will make 3x as much with the same number of stock. Of course there are those people that like to be in that latter category but end up loosing their pants. I'd like to think I'm not going to loose my pants. Luckily I'm not playing with large sum yet.
    I see. I think volatility just gives us more opportunities to buy undervalued stocks, and sell overvalued stocks. IOW, volatility gives us opportunities. Whether we make the right decision for the opportunity is up to us.

I can't risk enough to retire early (wish I had that kind of capital), but if we see $20, I will be well on my way towards retiring.
    a5cent likes this.
    I don't have money to invest, having spent 40% of Obama's first term out of work, but I did put 100 shares in my Roth this summer at $2.57, and I plan on holding it long term. If I come up with more to invest, I'll certainly put more into NOK while it's low, though.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    I don't have money to invest, having spent 40% of Obama's first term out of work, but I did put 100 shares in my Roth this summer at $2.57, and I plan on holding it long term. If I come up with more to invest, I'll certainly put more into NOK while it's low, though.
    That's the way to do it, bit by bit. Also, NOK pays a dividend, so some of that can go towards purchasing additional shares.
    Ah, didn't know they paid a dividend. I'm new to the Roth, never played stocks, other than to "day trade" my 401k as a friend once called it. Watch the funds and shift as they rise and fall... Who knows, maybe I helped myself, maybe not. Anyway, I bought NOK because I had the chance and I believe in what they're doing.

I did put $500 in WorldCom once, hoping to see them bounce back, though.... LOL! But back then I could afford to lose that $500... Maybe I should just stick with computers...
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Ah, didn't know they paid a dividend. I'm new to the Roth, never played stocks, other than to "day trade" my 401k as a friend once called it. Watch the funds and shift as they rise and fall... Who knows, maybe I helped myself, maybe not. Anyway, I bought NOK because I had the chance and I believe in what they're doing.

I did put $500 in WorldCom once, hoping to see them bounce back, though.... LOL! But back then I could afford to lose that $500... Maybe I should just stick with computers...
    I suggest sticking with what you know. That's what allows me to be so confident about Nokia. I feel very comfortable about their direction and their chances for success. I stay away from financials precisely because I don't fully understand what's going on there.

You 'day traded' your 401k? Well, since it's a tax-deferred account you'll be okay, but if it was a taxed account, the taxes could have come back to bite you in the ****.

Yes, they pay a 6.53% dividend (based on the current price and most recent payout), which is above average for tech companies. This has been speculation that they may not pay a dividend in 2013, but it has not been decided officially, and if they show an operating profit this coming quarter, I doubt they'll eliminate the dividend. I think the worst that could happen is a reduction in the dividend.

What I'm really hoping for in the future is a dividend increase! I would be so happy if I could be earning 10-15% on my investment from just dividends on a yearly basis!
    a5cent likes this.

Also, NOK has recovered nearly all the losses from yesterday. So far I've noticed NOK is usually down or flat on fridays, but today it's doing well. I anticipate more moves upwards next week. Maybe we will break $4, hopefully we can find support above $4.10. Can't wait until $5, the ball will really be rolling by then.
    Also, NOK has recovered nearly all the losses from yesterday. So far I've noticed NOK is usually down or flat on fridays, but today it's doing well. I anticipate more moves upwards next week. Maybe we will break $4, hopefully we can find support above $4.10. Can't wait until $5, the ball will really be rolling by then.
    Agree. A LOT of institutions have policies in place that don't allow them to trade penny stocks (SEC defines these as stocks that trade below $5). At $5 these institutions will get back in the game... the rolling ball as you say. The only question is if/when Nokia will reach $5... I think that will depend largely on three things... China, China and China.
    LikeWaah likes this.

Agree. A LOT of institutions have policies in place that don't allow them to trade penny stocks (SEC defines these as stocks that trade below $5). At $5 these institutions will get back in the game... the rolling ball as you say. The only question is if/when Nokia will reach $5... I think that will depend largely on three things... China, China and China.
    Exactly. And add to that, the fact that NOK is one of the most heavily shorted stocks (~18% I believe) and we have a very strong short squeeze primed and ready to explode!

The pessimist in me says we won't see $5 until earnings. The optimist in me says we'll see $5 on hype prior to earnings. The realist in me says that we may see $5 before earnings, but we can't trust it as a support until earnings.

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    My stock guy is trying to encourage me to sell at $4. I bought 200 shares at $3.30 right before it went back down in the $2 range for quite sometime. I'm thinking of holding onto it longer, I think that $5 is realistic and perhaps higher in the long term. Thoughts?
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    My stock guy is trying to encourage me to sell at $4. I bought 200 shares at $3.30 right before it went back down in the $2 range for quite sometime. I'm thinking of holding onto it longer, I think that $5 is realistic and perhaps higher in the long term. Thoughts?
    I would hold. You have a 21% gain so far, but I think it can be much more. What is your guys logic behind selling?

IMO, there is a clear uptrend, both in terms of technicals and business conditions. The only thing we are waiting for now are the fundamentals (earnings) to confirm. I see absolutely no reason to sell now. I would personally hold until after earnings, but it's your money, do with it what you will.
    Exactly. And add to that, the fact that NOK is one of the most heavily shorted stocks (~18% I believe) and we have a very strong short squeeze primed and ready to explode!

The pessimist in me says we won't see $5 until earnings. The optimist in me says we'll see $5 on hype prior to earnings. The realist in me says that we may see $5 before earnings, but we can't trust it as a support until earnings.
    Hmm... according to yahoo finance short interest was about 8% on the 15th of November. It's probably much lower now, as I assume we are already witnessing the effects of that short squeeze.

$5 by earnings? By January 29th? Wow, that is soon. I'm confident Nokia will hit $5 at some point, but I'm not sure earnings will get us there. A stock buy back might (unlikely just around the corner).

Hmm... according to yahoo finance short interest was about 8% on the 15th of November. It's probably much lower now, as I assume we are already witnessing the effects of that short squeeze.

$5 by earnings? By January 29th? Wow, that is soon. I'm confident Nokia will hit $5 at some point, but I'm not sure earnings will get us there. A stock buy back might (unlikely just around the corner).
    Yahoo only reports the short interest for ADRs. There's approximately 10% short interest on NOK1v, for a combined 18%. Those figures only include firms that have a greater than 0.5% interest. Some firms have been winding down slowly, but there's still a lot to go. So yes, I think what we are seeing is part of that squeeze, but IMO, there's a lot more to go.

Yeah, I agree it's optimistic. Even that's an understatement. Honestly, I hope it doesn't make it to $5 too soon, because I'm hoping to accumulate more. A buy back would be awesome, but I agree that it's probably not in the cards. If anything it'd be a toss up between a dividend or buy backs.

At the rate this run is going, the 50SMA is going up sharply ready to cross the 200SMA. $5 is definitely in the cards if we continue at this pace.
    Thanked by:
    a5cent 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast