Christopher Nolan is my favorite Director of all time anyone else agree

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Christopher Nolan is my favorite Director ever and the only one that I could be bothered to remember his name he epic. :kiss:

Specially with batman all three of them I also loved Dark Knight Rises awesome film. :love::love::love:

And I can't wait to go watch the MAN OF STEEL I wasn't going to watch then I saw that Chris was doing it I thought he would make it great :excited: (saw some superman films didn't like them:eck:)

Does anyone else agree. :excited:

If not what your favorite Director?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for info I've seen a trailer for it and it look very good. :D

Then 2015 league of heroes of something like that. :D

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Nolan has done some great stuff- I suggest you rent "Memento", in which the main character has short term memory loss and the whole movie happens BACKWARDS. Nolan at his best!! He also directed Al Pacino and Robin Williams in "Insomnia".

I follow directors the way some people follow actors, so I tend to have several favs. The first thing I do when I hear about a movie I might be interested in is check and see who is in the directors chair.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I only took notice of the Director after I've watched the last movie of the Batman trilogy, Dark Knight Rises. It was thought-provoking with its open-ended ending where it makes you wonder whether Batman really died or not. Much like the Inception which I think C.N. is the Director too right ???
And then when I caught the trailer of the Man of Steel, it's like a superhero movie made more for the thinking man than for the kids. I am eagerly awaiting for the premiere.
Christopher Nolan is cool & original, juz like my other fav director, Steven Spielberg.

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I only took notice of the Director after I've watched the last movie of the Batman trilogy, Dark Knight Rises. It was thought-provoking with its open-ended ending where it makes you wonder whether Batman really died or not.

I hope I don't spoil anything for you, but even Nolan said that Batman lives at the end.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
He's fantastic! That man has some vision.
Inception...u guys forgot Inception. What a film..
I'm much of a writer myself, and I always like to watch "intelligent cinema" and Nolan makes just that.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What the difference between director and producer?

Yes and I Know it a very stupid question for asking but I had to ask. ;)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What the difference between director and producer?

Yes and I Know it a very stupid question for asking but I had to ask. ;)

As a sign on the wall of my old bosses office read:

"It is easier to answer stupid questions then to fix stupid mistakes."

The director is exactly what you think it is: The old sterotype of the guy in the chair giving the actors and actresses their motivation and screaming "ACTION", getting camera and lighting just right, just running the show with complete creative control.

The Producer is the business manager- overseeing the logistics, budget, promotion, and all the movie distribution details. He/She usually also decides which movie and script is accepted, and over sees the hiring of the director and actors.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Wes Anderson. He just has a style that makes you feel like your watching a high school play. so human & so natural. Also Terry Galliam's Brazil is amazing to this very day I love Stanley Kubrick's stuff, most specifically A Clockwork orange (mainly for its political genius)

Now about Christopher Nolan. His style seems otherworldly and oddly enough most of it seems like it would be one of the best dreams you could ever have. no pun intended. Christopher Nolan actually originally got me thinking that movies can be mentally digested as if you were reading a book. Aka using your brain.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say that he is my favorite director, but hands down the greatest fantasy to realism director. What he did with Batman was nothing short of Epic!!!! Loved Inception and can't wait to see Man of Steel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon