Any other exercise junkies here?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
p90x. On week two, day 3.

Roommates started tapout xt. looks like a lot of fun though.

Guess we will compare results after the 90days :/

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Not so much an excercise junkie, but I do try to keep active. Do Windows Phone apps count? :wink: If so, I use the 6 week training app in conjuction with Gym Pocketguide to vary things up a bit. I lift and go for a jog. Often times though I get side tracked and as a result don't have a set routine. I try to do 4-6 days too

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I hit it year round and have for 30 years. I wrestled in HS and just never quit exercising. Did 5 yrs in the Army in the 90's and turned it up another notch. Now, at 46, I workout 7 days a week and struggle to keep from getting bored. I mean how many hours a week can one man spend on the elliptical machine? I elliptical, run, lift and the elliptical some more. I'm seriously thinking about doing a 90 day P90X cycle and see how that goes. I had a bootleg copy of the program but I think I'll buy the real deal this time and do it right. There's also the CrossFit option. Crossfit has gotten really popular around here and there's a crossfit gym not far from my home. It's also a MMA gym so that'd be pretty cool too. I've even thought about hanging a heavy bag in my basement and beating the crap out of it for an hour at a time a few days week to cut down on the boredom.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I lift weights 3 days per week and do cardio exercise 3 days per week (jogging or biking). When I was 41 I hired a personal trainer and he talked me into competing in a local, natural bodybuilding competition and I got 2nd place against guys half my age. I have always worked out but that is the most serious I have ever been about it. I used to play racquetball and volleyball regularly but I changed gyms and don't have access to those facilities. Last year I trained for a marathon but did what my doctor called the "terrible toos": too far, too fast, too soon and ended up with a tibia stress fracture.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I hit it year round and have for 30 years. I wrestled in HS and just never quit exercising. Did 5 yrs in the Army in the 90's and turned it up another notch. Now, at 46, I workout 7 days a week and struggle to keep from getting bored. I mean how many hours a week can one man spend on the elliptical machine? I elliptical, run, lift and the elliptical some more. I'm seriously thinking about doing a 90 day P90X cycle and see how that goes. I had a bootleg copy of the program but I think I'll buy the real deal this time and do it right. There's also the CrossFit option. Crossfit has gotten really popular around here and there's a crossfit gym not far from my home. It's also a MMA gym so that'd be pretty cool too. I've even thought about hanging a heavy bag in my basement and beating the crap out of it for an hour at a time a few days week to cut down on the boredom.

Boredom. That summarizes working out for me perfectly. I had to find something that engaged my brain while I exercised.

So I started training in traditional Shaolin kung fu. My Sigung is 10th degree black, ex SAS and has studied Marshall arts and hand to hand combat for 50 years.

3-4 nights a week of kung fu, tai chi, wushu, weapons and self defense followed by 1 hour of military style fitness. Absolutely love it.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Boredom. That summarizes working out for me perfectly. I had to find something that engaged my brain while I exercised.

So I started training in traditional Shaolin kung fu. My Sigung is 10th degree black, ex SAS and has studied Marshall arts and hand to hand combat for 50 years.

3-4 nights a week of kung fu, tai chi, wushu, weapons and self defense followed by 1 hour of military style fitness. Absolutely love it.
awesome!!! Can I come train with you!!!
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Personal training. We've got all the bells (kettle and dummies!) and whistles:
Ropes, prowler, Olympic cage, med balls all the usual toys.

If you want some awesome fitness resources, "The New Rules of Lifting" book series is about as good as it gets.

Check the blog out, I post 2-3 articles/week. I'm also the Fitness Editor at TwoSpoke.com and we've got a killer training forum.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
And now, I officially feel lazy....

I worked out fairly well for most of my life. Inexcusable skinny, weight and muscle just avoided me something fierce. But, I have let myself go in the last couple years. I bought a bench and some dumb bells, a bike, and some shoes and have come to a horrifying conclusion:

This stuff is A LOT harder at 43 then what it was just 5 - 6 years ago. What a drag.

I am all shades of impressed with what ya'll do. It is motivating. I am doing my humble best (which right now is meager but painful) and will try to catch up to everyone. If you show-offs will freaking slow down some!!!

Very interested in taking up boxing as an exercise at some point. Never in the ring, mind you, just to train. Love that sport.

@immortalwarrior, post #13 ..... remind me to never, EVER make you mad at me.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720