Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By ttsoldier
  • 1 Post By Mystictrust
  • 1 Post By alaskanjackson
  • 1 Post By gedzum
  • 1 Post By justop26
  • 1 Post By jaj324
  • 1 Post By ImmortalWarrior
  • 1 Post By baseballbert
  • 1 Post By ImmortalWarrior
  1. jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
       #1  
    Do you workout? How often? What do you do? Run, elliptical, lift, swim, bike, crossfit, P90X......
  2. jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
       #2  
    Please don't tell me nobody here breaks away from the puter long enough to get their sweat on!!!
  3. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    #3  
    p90x. On week two, day 3.

    Roommates started tapout xt. looks like a lot of fun though.

    Guess we will compare results after the 90days :/
    jaj324 likes this.
  4. Mystictrust's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    982 Posts
    #4  
    4-6 days per week: Lift, run, elliptical, and various core excercises
    jaj324 likes this.
  5. #5  
    I average 24-30 miles of running a week. Well it feels like running...my L900 has run with me for over 700 miles!
    jaj324 likes this.
  6. #6  
    Not so much an excercise junkie, but I do try to keep active. Do Windows Phone apps count? If so, I use the 6 week training app in conjuction with Gym Pocketguide to vary things up a bit. I lift and go for a jog. Often times though I get side tracked and as a result don't have a set routine. I try to do 4-6 days too
    jaj324 likes this.
  7. jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    p90x. On week two, day 3.

    Roommates started tapout xt. looks like a lot of fun though.

    Guess we will compare results after the 90days :/
    Plyo kills!!!!! I literally fell flat out on the floor the first time I did it!!
  8. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    #8  
    p90X OR tapout xt?
  9. justop26's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    474 Posts
    #9  
    I used to be. I promise I'll start not on New Year, but TODAY. I hate having this belly.
    snowmutt likes this.
  10. krystea's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #10  
    I exercise heavily in the summer. Should probably get around to changing that and making it a year-round commitment.
    Krys Morgenweck
    Writer - Windows Phone Central
    Email - k.morgenweck@live.com
    Twitter - @krystea

    "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"
  11. jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
       #11  
    I hit it year round and have for 30 years. I wrestled in HS and just never quit exercising. Did 5 yrs in the Army in the 90's and turned it up another notch. Now, at 46, I workout 7 days a week and struggle to keep from getting bored. I mean how many hours a week can one man spend on the elliptical machine? I elliptical, run, lift and the elliptical some more. I'm seriously thinking about doing a 90 day P90X cycle and see how that goes. I had a bootleg copy of the program but I think I'll buy the real deal this time and do it right. There's also the CrossFit option. Crossfit has gotten really popular around here and there's a crossfit gym not far from my home. It's also a MMA gym so that'd be pretty cool too. I've even thought about hanging a heavy bag in my basement and beating the crap out of it for an hour at a time a few days week to cut down on the boredom.
    snowmutt likes this.
  12. GSOgymrat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #12  
    I lift weights 3 days per week and do cardio exercise 3 days per week (jogging or biking). When I was 41 I hired a personal trainer and he talked me into competing in a local, natural bodybuilding competition and I got 2nd place against guys half my age. I have always worked out but that is the most serious I have ever been about it. I used to play racquetball and volleyball regularly but I changed gyms and don't have access to those facilities. Last year I trained for a marathon but did what my doctor called the "terrible toos": too far, too fast, too soon and ended up with a tibia stress fracture.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    I hit it year round and have for 30 years. I wrestled in HS and just never quit exercising. Did 5 yrs in the Army in the 90's and turned it up another notch. Now, at 46, I workout 7 days a week and struggle to keep from getting bored. I mean how many hours a week can one man spend on the elliptical machine? I elliptical, run, lift and the elliptical some more. I'm seriously thinking about doing a 90 day P90X cycle and see how that goes. I had a bootleg copy of the program but I think I'll buy the real deal this time and do it right. There's also the CrossFit option. Crossfit has gotten really popular around here and there's a crossfit gym not far from my home. It's also a MMA gym so that'd be pretty cool too. I've even thought about hanging a heavy bag in my basement and beating the crap out of it for an hour at a time a few days week to cut down on the boredom.
    Boredom. That summarizes working out for me perfectly. I had to find something that engaged my brain while I exercised.

    So I started training in traditional Shaolin kung fu. My Sigung is 10th degree black, ex SAS and has studied Marshall arts and hand to hand combat for 50 years.

    3-4 nights a week of kung fu, tai chi, wushu, weapons and self defense followed by 1 hour of military style fitness. Absolutely love it.
    snowmutt likes this.
  14. jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    Boredom. That summarizes working out for me perfectly. I had to find something that engaged my brain while I exercised.

    So I started training in traditional Shaolin kung fu. My Sigung is 10th degree black, ex SAS and has studied Marshall arts and hand to hand combat for 50 years.

    3-4 nights a week of kung fu, tai chi, wushu, weapons and self defense followed by 1 hour of military style fitness. Absolutely love it.
    awesome!!! Can I come train with you!!!
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress
  15. kalinsky's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #15  
    Swim, bike, run, repeat. Closing in on 2500 running miles for the year.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
  16. baseballbert's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,556 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,052 Global Posts
    #16  
    Does owning a small gym and writing a training blog count? http://integratefitness411.blogspot.com
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    snowmutt likes this.
  17. jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
       #17  
    200+ miles a month!! AWESOME!!!
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress
  18. jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballbert View Post
    Does owning a small gym and writing a training blog count? http://integratefitness411.blogspot.com
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    I'd say, heck yeah!! What kind of gym? Mostly lifting??
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress
  19. baseballbert's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,556 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,052 Global Posts
    #19  
    Personal training. We've got all the bells (kettle and dummies!) and whistles:
    Ropes, prowler, Olympic cage, med balls all the usual toys.

    If you want some awesome fitness resources, "The New Rules of Lifting" book series is about as good as it gets.

    Check the blog out, I post 2-3 articles/week. I'm also the Fitness Editor at TwoSpoke.com and we've got a killer training forum.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
  20. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,513 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,532 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #20  
    And now, I officially feel lazy....

    I worked out fairly well for most of my life. Inexcusable skinny, weight and muscle just avoided me something fierce. But, I have let myself go in the last couple years. I bought a bench and some dumb bells, a bike, and some shoes and have come to a horrifying conclusion:

    This stuff is A LOT harder at 43 then what it was just 5 - 6 years ago. What a drag.

    I am all shades of impressed with what ya'll do. It is motivating. I am doing my humble best (which right now is meager but painful) and will try to catch up to everyone. If you show-offs will freaking slow down some!!!

    Very interested in taking up boxing as an exercise at some point. Never in the ring, mind you, just to train. Love that sport.

    @immortalwarrior, post #13 ..... remind me to never, EVER make you mad at me.....
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  21. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    And now, I officially feel lazy....

    I worked out fairly well for most of my life. Inexcusable skinny, weight and muscle just avoided me something fierce. But, I have let myself go in the last couple years. I bought a bench and some dumb bells, a bike, and some shoes and have come to a horrifying conclusion:

    This stuff is A LOT harder at 43 then what it was just 5 - 6 years ago. What a drag.

    I am all shades of impressed with what ya'll do. It is motivating. I am doing my humble best (which right now is meager but painful) and will try to catch up to everyone. If you show-offs will freaking slow down some!!!

    Very interested in taking up boxing as an exercise at some point. Never in the ring, mind you, just to train. Love that sport.

    @immortalwarrior, post #13 ..... remind me to never, EVER make you mad at me.....
    lol don't worry. Once you get past the Harley, long hair and cowboy boots I'm actually a really calm and nice guy. Needless to say, my appearance is usually enough to deter confrontations. Haven't been in a real fight since high school. :D

    In regards to your age comment. My Sigung is 56 or 57 and keeps up with us in boxing fitness no problem, often he can out last us in cardio as well. At 26 I still feel the difference compared to when I was 16.

    But we've had some older folk come to our club to train and in a few short months that stamina and confidence comes back. You just can't overdo yourself when you start up. Some of the 50+ members have really gotten that stamina, flexibility and power back in just 6 months time. You just gotta take it slow, it only comes back with time.
    snowmutt likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Is there any other updates coming besides Apollo?
    By cp2_4eva in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 02:54 PM
  2. (ATTENTION DEVS) Any boxing fans on here?
    By Los in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 02:00 PM
  3. "+" sign or any other extra characters?
    By aliensa in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 09:10 PM
  4. Any former WEBOS user here? Questions
    By crg28 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 05:54 PM
  5. Any other enthusiasts out there having high hopes?
    By J4rrod in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 02:00 AM

Posting Permissions