Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: All Those Switching from a Windows Phone to another device (including Windows Phones), Post Here

Most of your claims seem like you know a lot about management at Microsoft :|
I think everyone knows that. The departments within Microsoft have no communication amongst themselves. Everyone just makes sure their particular department does well. Why else do you think Skype for iPhone and Android is constantly updated with new features while the WP8 version remains trash? Why else does the Xbox division couldn't care less about WP? Why does Bing power Facebook search yet there's no Facebook app for WP?

austinlam

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: All Those Switching from a Windows Phone to another device (including Windows Phones), Post Here

I think everyone knows that. The departments within Microsoft have no communication amongst themselves. Everyone just makes sure their particular department does well. Why else do you think Skype for iPhone and Android is constantly updated with new features while the WP8 version remains trash? Why else does the Xbox division couldn't care less about WP? Why does Bing power Facebook search yet there's no Facebook app for WP?

You are saying the truth and i could not agree with you more.

future harvard case of Microsoft will also be used for college. How the world largest software company saying good bye under CEO Steve Ballmer ?

Austin

stevethenerd

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I can't believe how much you guys hate MS... I love WP... Started with a Samsung Focus, moved to a Lumia 900. After two phone with charge port issues, I can't believe I bought another Nokia... The 920 other than the "massive" size is a great device.

The OS granted has some maturing to do, but I previously had BlackBerrys and daily access to both ios and Android. Android is useless and ios was old two years ago.

Windows 8 is a year away from being "done" but MS knew the OS need a radical change. Kudos to MS for having the guts. IE 10 is a great browser... Web developers need to stop targeting one browser and start targeting web standards.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Windows 8 is a year away from being "done" but MS knew the OS need a radical change. Kudos to MS for having the guts. IE 10 is a great browser... Web developers need to stop targeting one browser and start targeting web standards.
Yes, when Google makes a change on their end that works on iOS, BB and Android and doesn't work on WP it's Google's fault? 3 browsers have no difficulty in rendering the page but IE does, so it's those three browsers at the wrong? Those three browsers might be using non-standardized Webkit but who the **** cares? At the end of the day your flagship WP8 will have difficulty rendering web pages that even low end BB or Android phones don't.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Yes, when Google makes a change on their end that works on iOS, BB and Android and doesn't work on WP it's Google's fault? 3 browsers have no difficulty in rendering the page but IE does, so it's those three browsers at the wrong? Those three browsers might be using non-standardized Webkit but who the **** cares? At the end of the day your flagship WP8 will have difficulty rendering web pages that even low end BB or Android phones don't.

And that's the thing. Google and Apple are using that leverage to try and kill off Windows Phone and perhaps Windows desktop too. My worry is they have enough clout to actually succeed...

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

And that's the thing. Google and Apple are using that leverage to try and kill off Windows Phone and perhaps Windows desktop too. My worry is they have enough clout to actually succeed...
No one's leveraging anything. They're all supporting whatever standard is most popular, be it standardised or not. BlackBerry did the same and their web browser is on par with iOS and Android. This non-standard WebKit isn't something illegal, Microsoft can implement it easily through a software update, but they don't. Who gets left behind? Microsoft. Why? Too stubborn to adapt. Who's the loser? End consumer. Who's at fault? Microsoft.

austinlam

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow, I can't believe how much you guys hate MS... I love WP... Started with a Samsung Focus, moved to a Lumia 900. After two phone with charge port issues, I can't believe I bought another Nokia... The 920 other than the "massive" size is a great device.

The OS granted has some maturing to do, but I previously had BlackBerrys and daily access to both ios and Android. Android is useless and ios was old two years ago.

Frankly, I like Microsoft a lot, especially the OS for desktop PC. Surface pro is the way to go and I agree.

I just can not stand for the Window Mobile as it has been developed for few years and even the basic features is not working well.
I feel disappointed for such a giant software co. Working on the mobile OS not seriously and do not understand how users would like using the features .....etc. money is not the limited resource for Microsoft just they do not give heart on developing their products.

Like Skype, Microsoft owns it now but did not integrate the contact info well with hotmail/outlook contact info. You can see that they never spend time to work on it. Buy it ,but do not go further. it seems to me that Microsoft is performing like Sony corp. No leadership & lazy. No listening to users experience

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

No one's leveraging anything. They're all supporting whatever standard is most popular, be it standardised or not. BlackBerry did the same and their web browser is on par with iOS and Android. This non-standard WebKit isn't something illegal, Microsoft can implement it easily through a software update, but they don't. Who gets left behind? Microsoft. Why? Too stubborn to adapt. Who's the loser? End consumer. Who's at fault? Microsoft.

I agree in the short term consumers lose out, but I also believe if Microsoft went WebKit in the long term consumers would lose even worse due to the dictatorship. We always say competition drives innovation and I won't deny for a second that Google are on the right side of the law with this. It's just if Microsoft drops Trident for WebKit, you can kiss goodbye to Firefox, Opera, etc, that don't use WebKit. Apple and Google are trying to make WebKit the number one rendering engine, and destroy all others (natural for companies) but we need the competition to avoid a dictatorship. Remember Microsoft of the 90s where they used their power to ensure competitors couldn't get a foot in the door? Well this is that all over again, except this time Microsoft is the competitor. Consumer lost out last time, they will again.

stevethenerd

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I agree in the short term consumers lose out...

... Well this is that all over again, except this time Microsoft is the competitor. Consumer lost out last time, they will again.

you nailed it!

austinlam

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

you nailed it!

If Microsoft can release Windows Blue or Win 9 for solving sending Vedio or Mp3 through Using Whatsapp
& China WeChatts Apps; facebook etc..........and then more popular apps like Instagram & Candy Crush game ........etc....... within the next half year along with Nokia quality & innovative phone. I strongly believe that WP will succeed.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

If Microsoft can release Windows Blue or Win 9 for solving sending Vedio or Mp3 through Using Whatsapp
& China WeChatts Apps; facebook etc..........and then more popular apps like Instagram & Candy Crush game ........etc....... within the next half year along with Nokia quality & innovative phone. I strongly believe that WP will succeed.

That same stuff you've written 9 times in this thread. We get it. Write a letter to Microsoft, will you? Other than 2 FUD posts, rest of your posts surround around this. I know you want to share videos. But on WP you can do it via Skydrive. Don't like it? Yes Microsoft will make it for you in WP9, next year.

austinlam

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

That same stuff you've written 9 times in this thread. We get it. Write a letter to Microsoft, will you? Other than 2 FUD posts, rest of your posts surround around this. I know you want to share videos. But on WP you can do it via Skydrive. Don't like it? Yes Microsoft will make it for you in WP9, next year.

One more important thing, I just found that when you receive email with attached video, you even can not download it to your Window phone at all. That's really embrassed while I am trying to show some video to my Clients. I said sorry, I need to forward the mail to my client next to me. Then i have requested my client to use his iPhone to download it . What a joke ,,,,,,,:). My client get shocked and kept asking , why why......you r phone not work. What a joke .....and then I just said as my new phone is like this. May have to wait for the upgrade version but not sure.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm wondering, even if we do upload the video to Sky Drive and send that link to WhatsApp on iOS, will the iPhone be able to play that video?

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

No one's leveraging anything. They're all supporting whatever standard is most popular, be it standardised or not.

1. It can't be a "popular standard" and still "be it standardized or not".
2. It's either a standard - or it isn't.
3. WebKit is not a standard, but a popular mobile rendering engine.

This is like Microsoft saying it's not their fault your 2013 laptop doesn't work with their website, since they're using the most "popular standard", Internet Explorer, "be it standardized or not". No amount of mistakes MS has made with its mobile effort justifies Google's arrogance and complete refusal to play nice with the contender(s) for the third spot. Or do you mean to tell me that IE for WP has no problem rendering an incredibly complex website like The Verge, but has a problem rendering the incredibly simple GMail mobile website Google serves to Android and iOS phones? Yet Google doesn't allow WP phones to use the new spiffy mobile website, but redirects them to that piece of **** they served Blackberry phones in 2005.

It's done on purpose, and should not be excused.

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I.... I.... cannot...... understand..... what..... you..... said......

One more important thing, I just found that when you receive email with attached video, you even can not download it to your Window phone at all. That's really embrassed while I am trying to show some video to my Clients. I said sorry, I need to forward the mail to my client next to me. Then i have requested my client to use his iPhone to download it . What a joke ,,,,,,,:). My client get shocked and kept asking , why why......you r phone not work. What a joke .....and then I just said as my new phone is like this. May have to wait for the upgrade version but not sure.

austinlam

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

For example, when someone try to email you with some attached video and you open your mail using windows phone . You can only watch the video but can not save the attached video on your windows phone.

For iPhone or Andriod, when you open your mail with attached video. Not only you can save all attached video on your phone . You can also choose to share your attached video through different App instantly on your phone too.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Does getting a BlackBerry as an extra device which I am selling next month for a small profit count before going back to using only my Nokia (or my HTC should my Nokia be in repair) count as requiring a post here?

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

For example, when someone try to email you with some attached video and you open your mail using windows phone . You can only watch the video but can not save the attached video on your windows phone.

For iPhone or Andriod, when you open your mail with attached video. Not only you can save all attached video on your phone . You can also choose to share your attached video through different App instantly on your phone too.

I have never done this before (watching a video from an email), but where is the problem? You said in your other posting that you wanted to show your client a video you recieved with an email...now you say you are able to watch it (but not download it). why do you have to download a video if you just want to show it to your client? Why did you send it to him so you can watch it on his iPhone? Does not make any sens to me...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm wondering, even if we do upload the video to Sky Drive and send that link to WhatsApp on iOS, will the iPhone be able to play that video?

Of course yes! It opens in a browser - any browser! I've done it tons of times. It works! Same with all my Office documents.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Guess I'm going back to Droid.

I can't stand not having access to my DRM video these long commutes are killing me and my data plan. Whoever at MSFT has to smart idea to break something that was working in WP7 needs to be fired. I hope that the next version of WP fixes this cluster. By the way I paid full price for this phone off contract, because that's how much faith I had in the product.

Nokia rocks and I am sad.
unhappy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)