What is your favorite and most reliable browser? :D

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Ie10 is unbeatable in terms of speed..but I don't get it why no bookmark sync after so many years? Is that due to some patent issue?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Are there any extensions to gain this function?

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I really love Firefox I have been using it for quite a while, I have chrome installed and use it occasionally but for me Firefox has always been the fastest. Since I upgraded my laptop I have been just using IE10 and haven't had much of a problem, but I don't do a lot of web browsing on it.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
i have IE10 - Firefox - opera
design and speed of IE10
extensions on firefox
opera turbo - irc client - it feels lighter than any browser

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I wish Microsoft made an IE for the MAC, because I have a MAC at home, I have been using Chrome to sync my bookmarks...but I am trying to drop Google totally... I am trying Firefox, so far I like it as it is more compatible with my work email, and work interweb. IE works the best for most websites, chrome has some serious issues on some sites and I either have to use Safari or IE to make it work right.

The only thing I don't like about firefox is that I to setup sync on a 2nd computer, you have to be near the 1st computer to get the code... I find this is ridiculous.

theta orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I used to be a big fan of Google Chrome but I downloaded Windows 8 a few days ago and started using ie10. I've spent the last two hours playing around with it (something I thought I'd never do with a browser!) and I must say I'm really impressed.
:grin:

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Firefox, but out of habit. I've been using it since it was Phoenix 0.2. Since the beta of Windows 8 I've used IE 10 side by side with Firefox and both the metro and desktop versions are actually quite good. The only reason I haven't switched is because I'm just so used to Firefox and know the extensions and keyboard shortcuts I need. I could see myself using IE more if they had sync with the mobile versions, or some other integration with the phone. I'm sure they will over time.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, opera mini, I use it on my HTC snap (windows Mobile 6.5 standard-I know, you can laugh, but for its time it was a solid alternative to black berry, especially considering that it has 3G)....I'm frustrated that I cant find it (opera mini or any browser from opera) for WP8.

As for my preferred PC browser, I choose Google chrome, Google chrome canary is good to but I'm not such a big fan of beta.

I'm sorry I'm a little lost, is this thread about the browsers for pc/mac or Windows phone ?

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome Canary and IE.

IE primarily because its there, although I do quite like it. I use Chrome Canary for web development stuff as it has all the latest chrome tools and it's developer tools are the best.

I never really use the Metro version if IE, always the desktop version.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been all Firefox for years, but IE 10 & 11 has been making me consider IE more often when browsing. But my first choice remains Firefox.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Opera since....damn, way, way back. So far back I paid $35 to eliminate ads and get one on one customer support!

So many features, like saving pages in one simple MHTML file. I think only IE has this. My search bar has Find in Page, Ebay, Amazon, and Wikipedia. Always right there.

I'm talking about Opera 12 point something. A few months ago they rolled out v.15, now 16. Turns out it was a complete rewrite using the Chrome engine! NOT Opera. No features I love.

Firefox is my secondary, a lot of nice plug ins. But still not having what I love in Opera, like the save pages to MHTML....unless I've missed that. Every try to save a page in Chrome? Ha!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been all Firefox for years, but IE 10 & 11 has been making me consider IE more often when browsing. But my first choice remains Firefox.

Same here. I use Firefox on my Win7 desktop and IE when using Win8. Haven't had any issues using them. When I tried Chrome way back when, I had intermittent issues with adobe flash which caused it to crash. Haven't used it since then.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Opera since....damn, way, way back. So far back I paid $35 to eliminate ads and get one on one customer support!

So many features, like saving pages in one simple MHTML file. I think only IE has this. My search bar has Find in Page, Ebay, Amazon, and Wikipedia. Always right there.

I'm talking about Opera 12 point something. A few months ago they rolled out v.15, now 16. Turns out it was a complete rewrite using the Chrome engine! NOT Opera. No features I love.

Firefox is my secondary, a lot of nice plug ins. But still not having what I love in Opera, like the save pages to MHTML....unless I've missed that. Every try to save a page in Chrome? Ha!

Same here. Opera seems to be the only browser I've found that correctly displays the webpages I visit most. Plus, I really do think it's faster than Chrome. I also don't like the whole NSA Google thing either which kind of keeps me off Chrome as well.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Opera seems to be the only browser I've found that correctly displays the webpages I visit most. Plus, I really do think it's faster than Chrome. I also don't like the whole NSA Google thing either which kind of keeps me off Chrome as well.

Now, THAT'S real interesting. If there's been one fault with Opera over the many years I've used it is that sometimes things like buttons don't appear. Same page in any other browser, there they are. A javascript error? For what I know.

When I updated to 15, what a shock! It took me awhile to realize that this is a whole new ballgame, and that it's really just an alternative shell to Chrome! Have to say, eye candy displays unlike old age Chrome. Once I got back off the floor, I went intertube hunting, found the last version of 12 available and have saved it to my hd. I'll run that until it's ready for brower Medicare.

I never understood the lack of market share Opera suffered from, although they succeeded will in mobile platforms. No WP yet. So many brilliant ideas. They were the first with tabbed browsing. I remember Ballmer saying it wasn't even worth incorporating........until the next IE came out. "Find in page," which can be a permanent part of your search bar, is the best out there. And the only alterative browser for MHTML files is IE.....which if push comes to shove, I'd probably use for that reason.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
My favorite one Is IE10 just beacaue it's stable for me and fast :) now its IE11 after I installed the full version of windows 8.1 if you guys like ie10 you are going to love IE11 :)

Last edited:

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
At work, i prefer google chrome because our office pcs have IE 8 which is restricted in content due to IT policies - Google Chrome is banned but it allows you to access sites which are needed and blocked by the work IE 8

On my windows 8 tablet and laptop? IE10! I think IE10 is the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6