Poll: What's your profession?

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just curious about the profession demographics of WP8 users. I am a programmer (various web languages as well as objective C and c# winforms) and have been waiting for WP to mature. Now that it has I jumped on board because it seems to integrate so well with office, UI is great, and I love the Live Tiles. More reasons than that obviously, but that's the major ones.

Anyone wish to share their profession and reasons for jumping?

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
independent insurance agency. me and the wife. have an office 365 account so its a no brakner for office integration.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Police Officer. After reading way too many reviews on Verizon site I just had to see why so many people loved their rather boring HTC Trophy. Got one and have never looked back!

drknkboot

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
IT Analyst...had an iPhone 3GS and was waiting for "the next big thing/phone" from apple. That never happened, got bored with iOS and decided to go for the ride with windows phone 8. So far, so good.

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I work in IT as well, at the moment, I am the member of a testing department of a big international company.
got an android first because most IT people in my country prrefer android to iOS ... got disappionted and wanted to try something new. With WP, I'm kind of an Unicorn inside an Android world inside an iOS world :winktongue:, but having worked amongst men as one of the only few women (and sometimes as the only one) made me get used to being part of a minority.

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
LTL truck driver, city P&D.

Funny enough, I do have degrees in IT and mechanical engineering.

I'm also a beginning motojournalist (my true passion in life).

I'm professionally confused...

To add to that, I'm also an ASE master tech . Which is how I paid for college.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm Senior Copywriter with an ad firm. Make TVCs, write print/outdoor ads for a living. Planning to seriously start writing a novel once I get my MS phone with Office/Word.

Nice thread.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Med student. Got bored of iOS so I moved to Android and now I had some extra cash so I thought I'd try WP8 out. I'm not sure I'll stick with the 8X or go back to my Nexus 4 but time will tell.

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Information security analyst. I was a former WP 6.5 users but went to Android when the HTC Thunderbolt was released. My wife went with the HTC Trophy and loved it. So much that when WP8 came out she wanted to upgrade and I went along with her. Both of us now sporting yellow 920s.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Marine Civil Engineer...kinda into design of ports, harbors and miscellaneous marine structures.... Love Nokia phones all the way and enjoying my Lumia a lot (do have some minor complaints)

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Network Admin, moved from Android to WP8, and now I really like the Metro style apps and all the windows phone ecosystem...

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am the director our of IT department in the Pittsburgh Pa area. We started with Blackberry BES server for our users and when the smartphones started coming out, we got our organization off of Blackberry's and moved them over to smartphones when Android came out. Android doesn't work well with our corporate Exchange email and users would complian about how sluggish, buggy it was, so users started to move over to the Iphone which worked very well and they were easy for our department to set the phones up. I've been watching and waiting for Microsoft to really get in the smartphone/tablet business and am glad they did. I've been using my HTC 8x phone and it works so smooth and seamlessly with Exchange. Setup is a breeze and the UI is very user friendly. Before I start suggesting our employees to move over to WP8, I want to do more testing first with my phone. I also am waiting for the Surface Pro to come out so I can test that for our users. That would work well for our sales force when out on the road.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes