Samsung caught red handed

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but 10% of their profits will be pocket money to Samsung. If they really wanted to hit Samsung hard it should have been 250% (yes, two hundred and fifty) of their profits. I see my European brethren are being soft as heck as always...

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say that makes Samsung the bad guy, they just weren't being intelligent in what patents they chose for the filing. Someone needs to bully Apple, they bully everyone else and patent technology that someone else thought of.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say that makes Samsung the bad guy, they just weren't being intelligent in what patents they chose for the filing. Someone needs to bully Apple, they bully everyone else and patent technology that someone else thought of.
Apple is doing a better job bullying themselves than anyone else could. They lose more lawsuits than they win...

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
That's the way it works in Europe. Wonder why its economy is in such turmoil ? Haha, Samsung and Apple are constantly at each other throat though, only a few days ago I was reading that Apple wanted to impose a restriction on how many Galaxy SIII's and Galaxy Tabs it sells in Europe. Its Like PSA (Ford, Peugeot and Citroen) taking Volkswagen to court over the VW UP!, saying it was too competitively priced and basically too much of a good car and unfair on the competition. You can sue a company for selling well.

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
steve jobs / apple doesnt bully no one.

i read this, and the back stories of how steve and the google guys were close, APPLE and steve jobs hate copycats,

What Really Made Steve Jobs So Angry at Google?

read that.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
The companies just got tired of all the lawyers setting around doing nothing and playing golf. Decided to make use of them and try and make a little money along the way. Corp lawyer is a nice gig. Everybody has to pull their own weight now days, no overhead.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but 10% of their profits will be pocket money to Samsung. If they really wanted to hit Samsung hard it should have been 250% (yes, two hundred and fifty) of their profits. I see my European brethren are being soft as heck as always...

FWIW, "Turnover" in the European sense of the word is Revenue, not Income. While this isn't something that would tank the Company by any stretch, I wouldn't call a 10% fine on Revenue when EBITDA margins are 25% inconsequential.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss