Winter jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I need a winter jacket that's warm but light. I go jogging at least 3 times a week. I'm not asking of anything puffy. Can you guys recommend something to me?

Or tell me what you have.
And happy new year.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Eastern Mountain Sports techwick is good stuff, especially if you buy it on sale. 3 or more items, 30% off. I don't think they make jackets out of the material, but its breathable and will keep you warm. I get too hot wearing even light fleece while jogging.

Patagonia makes nice fleeces. The Lightweight R4 is great, slim fit with thinner fleece and flex panels at under arms. Seams and gussets cut for athletic movement, not bulky or loose fitting.

The Piton appears to be the new replacement, with a retail of $170 its cheaper than the Lightweight R4.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I live in Brooklyn NY. I do not wear scares or a long sleeve anything ever. Except a jacket or a suit ( I'm Closter phobic ) . I like something that doesn't restrict motion.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Just replying to a few of the other comments. I suggested a soft shell because they are low bulk, wind and water resistant and move well and breath well, which is good for cold weather aerobics.

Techwick from EMS is good, yes (I have a few shirts made from the stuff) but it's a shirt, not a jacket. And while EMS carries some good house-brand stuff, I don't think it's on par with REI's house-brand items.

Patagonia absolutely makes some outstanding stuff, and you'd be very happy with anything from them. But they are premium priced and very expensive. It's rare to find it at a good sale price either. I have a lot of outdoor clothing and gear and almost nothing from Patagonia because of the price and lack of sale items. If you can afford it, go for it.

So I mentioned REI because they've really put together a lot of quality products after selling and learning from other brands such as Patagonia. It's not at the same level, but it's arguably not far behind at all. And because they don't need a middle man to sell it, you've got a lot of great prices md and options for sales.

Or you can head down to the local sporting goods store and pick up a cheap softshell or running jacket that'll likely be just fine.

My two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes