1st Round NFL Playoffs - Make Your Picks

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
And it is NOT a good day to be a NFL Head Coach. Carolina and Jacksonville are still up in the air. May take a couple of weeks to see if they make changes.

As for the Bears, I get the feeling even if Chicago had gotten in the play-offs, Mr. Smith was going to be shown the door anyways. Maybe a NFC Championship game would have saved him, but it happened too quick for it not to have been something already in the works in the Bears front Office. After Halas and Dikta, a case could easily be made he was the third greatest Bears coach ever. He will get another shot.

I wouldn't mind having Smith as the head coach in Cleveland. We need a guy who has experience, not another rookie head coach along with rookie GM/new owner.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Houston, Packers, Colts, Hawks

I nearly jumped with joy when I read that the Charger finally canned Smith and Turner. They managed to dismantle one of the best teams in the league (14-2 with a playoff loss in the championship to the Patriots the year before Turner took over) into one of the worst. The only reason they weren't last in their division this year is because we have the even more awful Chiefs and Raiders in our division. In most divisions, the Chargers would have been third at best this year.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
As soon a I seen the title of this thread I know it was going to be your thread brow...lol

Houston
Green bay- Minnesota is to close to call
Indianapolis
As much as I hate it Washington wins because Seattle is just bad.

I almost created it yesterday night, after Washington won.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Houston, Packers, Colts, Hawks

I nearly jumped with joy when I read that the Charger finally canned Smith and Turner. They managed to dismantle one of the best teams in the league (14-2 with a playoff loss in the championship to the Patriots the year before Turner took over) into one of the worst. The only reason they weren't last in their division this year is because we have the even more awful Chiefs and Raiders in our division. In most divisions, the Chargers would have been third at best this year.

Plus, Phillip Rivers is an outstanding quarterback. I wish the Bears had him.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Bengals, Vikings (only because my co-worker won't like this pick... haha), Colts & Seahawks.

All the away teams.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

He certainly was at one point. The past two seasons he has been fairly turn over happy with way too many interceptions and fumbles. Granted, he has had a pretty terrible O-line blocking for him. This season the Chargers held tryouts for undrafted rookies for starting positions on the O-line. So it will be interesting to see what he can do in a year or two with a decent line protecting him.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
No matter what happens, I just hope to see a Patriots-less Super Bowl this year. I'm a bit sick of em

Then the rest of the AFC should step up and start running quality organizations. But then again, I'm a born and raised Boston guy. So I obviously would love to see Tom and Company get another crack at a ring.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
By the way... could use Norv Turner as an OC in Tampa. Be nice to see someone develop Freeman before he is destroyed.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
My in laws are from Rhode Island and still live there. They get really obnoxious when it come to the Patriots. Therefore I have to root for whoever plays against them.

jdev, how did you feel about the Chargers letting Brees go and keeping Rivers at the time?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My in laws are from Rhode Island and still live there. They get really obnoxious when it come to the Patriots. Therefore I have to root for whoever plays against them.

jdev, how did you feel about the Chargers letting Brees go and keeping Rivers at the time?

I wasn't thrilled with it, I mean there was nothing wrong with Brees and Rivers was unproven. But it pales in comparison to losing Vincent Jackson and some of the other talent they have let go in the past two or three years.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I don't think Cutler is too bad. The only thing I don't like about him is his demeanour and the way he carries himself. Often times he looks like he's not bothered. He didn't do too bad considering that terribad offensive line.

I agree it was a shame about Coach Smith. A lot of the players seemed to like him. Defense played great, but when the offense has some great players and ends up ranking near the bottom, that's not good enough.

Hope they can regroup fast next season.

Back on topic:
I like the Redskins and Packers.
Colts and Texans. I want to see the rematch between these 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel