Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers

Sunday, January 6, 2013
Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens
Seattle Seahawks at Washngton Redskins

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
As soon a I seen the title of this thread I know it was going to be your thread brow...lol

Houston
Green bay- Minnesota is to close to call
Indianapolis
As much as I hate it Washington wins because Seattle is just bad.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
As soon a I seen the title of this thread I know it was going to be your thread brow...lol

Houston
Green bay- Minnesota is to close to call
Indianapolis
As much as I hate it Washington wins because Seattle is just bad.

LOL! It was painful for me yesterday to see the Bears get knocked out of the playoffs and for you to see the Cowboys get knocked out of the playoffs.

Have you seen the latest Clint Eastwood movie, "Trouble with the curve"? He's an old timer baseball scout that says stats don't mean crap. Now look at the Minnesota/Green Bay game yesterday. The stats say that Green Bay should have hammered Minnesota yesterday. It was like David vs Goliath.

Next week the Minnesota/Green Bay game will be a real battle.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
LOL! It was painful for me yesterday to see the Bears get knocked out of the playoffs and for you to see the Cowboys get knocked out of the playoffs.

Have you seen the latest Clint Eastwood movie, "Trouble with the curve"? He's an old timer baseball scout that says stats don't mean crap. Now look at the Minnesota/Green Bay game yesterday. The stats say that Green Bay should have hammered Minnesota yesterday. It was like David vs Goliath.

Next week the Minnesota/Green Bay game will be a real battle.

I will be watching that game it will be a good one. I watched every of yesterdays game it could have gone either way. I was rutting for your Bears though Minnesota wasn't having it they wanted in.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...and the Chicago Bears just fired head coach Lovie Smith. Heck of a nice guy, but he could never develop a great offence.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
That's 5 so far with a possible 6th coming in Turner. At least my Saints get their coach back this year.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
.... Gotta pull for the hometown team. Go Vikes!

I really underestimated the Vikings. I was able to watch their game against the Packers yesterday after the Bears game. You have a second year quarterback that came out throwing like John Elway. You have a running back that looked like Walter Payton and a place kicker tapping the ball through the uprights at 50+ yards. LOL! When did this all happen?

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Ponder has sucked most of the year to be honest. The last game was his best game by far. Most fans wanted to dump him, but after the dude got married he got better. Jury is still out on him, though.

Blair Walsh, the kicker, has been a beast all year. Broke the record for most 50+ FG's in a year. He also has surpassed Randy Moss for the team record of most point by a rookie.

Peterson just isn't human. All Day just will not be stopped and he is the only reason we made it this far. He carried the team all year long and that was after having a torn ACL last year on Christmas Eve.

It's been a fun last few weeks of the season. I expect luck runs out in Green Bay next week.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I really underestimated the Vikings. I was able to watch their game against the Packers yesterday after the Bears game. You have a second year quarterback that came out throwing like John Elway. You have a running back that looked like Walter Payton and a place kicker tapping the ball through the uprights at 50+ yards. LOL! When did this all happen?
I think Minnesota has momentum going, and they'll keep it up. That's why I picked Minnesota over Green Bay.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Colts- How do you pick against them after all they have been through? A play-off win ends the amazing story Chuck-Strong.

Texans- At some point, talent wins right? Talented D, A. Johnson and Foster on "O"... I mean, come on.

Seattle- Both them and Washington are peaking at right time. But for some reason, I don't trust Redskins "D".

Vikings- All Day is a beast among Men, Ponder is not stinking the place up, the O-Line is under rated and the D can get pressure and pick off passes. No team is as dependant on one player as Green Bay is on Rogers. One men teams do not win in the NFL Playoffs- ever.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
...and the Chicago Bears just fired head coach Lovie Smith. Heck of a nice guy, but he could never develop a great offence.

And it is NOT a good day to be a NFL Head Coach. Carolina and Jacksonville are still up in the air. May take a couple of weeks to see if they make changes.

As for the Bears, I get the feeling even if Chicago had gotten in the play-offs, Mr. Smith was going to be shown the door anyways. Maybe a NFC Championship game would have saved him, but it happened too quick for it not to have been something already in the works in the Bears front Office. After Halas and Dikta, a case could easily be made he was the third greatest Bears coach ever. He will get another shot.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
One more thought: Except for the Begals/Texans, any of these games could go either way. I am liking the way the games are shaking out!!

Watch the Bengals blow them out now that I jinxed Houston.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven