Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By 920Walker
  • 1 Post By jdevenberg
  • 1 Post By jgbstetson
  • 1 Post By Reflexx
  • 3 Post By crystal_planet

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    Hi all

Well it been announce that it going to been shown in CES and most likely be in every device this year apart from budget and maybe mid range mobiles.

So it suppose to be is a lot stronger with three times more scratch resistant, shows 40 percent less visible scratches and commands a 50 percent overall retained strength increase after glass is damaged. (As you can tell that was not my sentence I used a bit of information of techradar http://www.techradar.com/news/portable-devices/get-ready-for-ultra-scratch-resistant-gorilla-glass-3-1122485 if your interest more about the matter follow the link)

So thought about this will be better, what do think needs improving the most, does it make a difference it only glass at the end.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I hope its better than GG2.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,222 Global Posts
    GG2 is a joke

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'll hold out and look at some real world testing. GG2, obviously, wasn't all it was made out to be.

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    I think GG need a competitor so that they will push the boundary a lot more instead of making slight upgrade unless they prove me wrong with GG3 However the only competition I know of is dragontrail which produce strong glass which Sony used for some of there smartphones.
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 01-05-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Grillah glass. You can cook on it after using your beta GPS to get to your destination!

Nokia Drive has actually been good to me lately, but the phone is quite warm after closing it. Also gets warm playing Wordament, but maybe that's just me, on fire.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    1,222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 920Walker View Post
    Grillah glass. You can cook on it after using your beta GPS to get to your destination!

Nokia Drive has actually been good to me lately, but the phone is quite warm after closing it. Also gets warm playing Wordament, but maybe that's just me, on fire.
    lmao

Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    gorilla glass has competitors. that's why the lumia 900 had scratch resistant glass listed as a spec, but not specifically gorilla glass. gorilla glass does what ot advertises. it is scratch resistant, not scratch proof. early large screen phones that used either standard glass or plastic both scratches far more easily than phones with even original.gorilla glass. Anyone who thinks gorilla glass 2 isn't all its advertised as should look at earlier all touch devices. I think gorilla glass 3 will improve on an already great product.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

I'm kinda surprised Schott branded glass hasn't made it into mobile electronics.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgbstetson View Post
    I'm kinda surprised Schott branded glass hasn't made it into mobile electronics.
    Had a quick look seem good and I think it needs to market the brand by putting it on a flagship phone
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

...and if it drops from 2ft high at just the right angle it will still shatter.
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    Personally, I was disappointed when I heard no gorillas are contained in the glass. Apparently, gorillas don't even make the glass.
    My next phone...
    Thanked by:
    jdevenberg, BIGPADDY and smileyh like this.