outlook.com issue

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Im having an issue with outlook.com. Earlier today, around 930 am, i moved my gmail over to it to check it out after a suggestion from someone on this site. Well, since doing it, i havent recieved one e-mail on gmail, and the outlook still hasnt gotten everything out of my gmail inbox. It seems to update a bit every hour or so, but its going incredibly slow, and isnt allowing me to get ahold of any e-mails at all.

First, is there a way to make outlook.com sync constantly? I like to receive e-mails as they happen, not a while later. Second, does it make sense that i havent been able to get anything to happen all day. I do admittedly have quite a bit in my inbox, around 10,000 e-mails, but i really just dont understand why this is taking so long.

Shawn

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, i think i may have found another thing that google is blocking, that or somehow it just coincidentally caused the problem and fixed it at the same time.

Let me explain. I never received an e-mail thru my gmail account since the e-mail from outlook saying that i am now sharing my gmail with outlook. I tried everything, i even left it alone for nearly 10 hours thinking that the problem was that outlook was trying to get all of my gmail out of the folders. After trying to send myself e-mails from other accounts and not getting them thru gmail, i began to work on fixing it. I removed gmail from outlook and deleted everything, still nothing. After quite a while i found a way to revoke access to microsoft thru gmail, and then was able to receive e-mail on gmail again. I also found that since syncing with outlook, gmail was putting all of my e-mails directly into my trash folder.

I dont know if this is an isolated incident, or if this is another symptom of google revoking services to windows applications.

Anyone have any idea?

Shawn

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what's going on. I have my Gmail linked to my outlook.com account and it gets emails, contacts, etc all from Gmail. Did you link it from Gmail or from Outlook? I added Gmail from my Outlook. Worked great!

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, i dont know what happened, but i definitely didnt receive any e-mails in my inbox on gmail, and outlook never finished retrieving my inbox from gmail either. After removing access my gmail worked again.

Im going to give it another try today.

Shawn

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3