Anyone else excited about the Lenovo Windows 8 laptops?

quinndupont

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
(not phone related, but I'm guessing it is relevant to the community)

I'm still in Mac land (and have been a huge fan for years)--I absolutely love my Macbook Air, but I'm getting tired of the same old OSX. I've recently switched from iOS to WP8, and I'm loving (most of) it. I keep thinking about switching my computing OS, but last time I installed Windows 8 on a non-touchscreen laptop, it didn't really work well (the OS just didn't make a lot of sense).

So, with this new crop of quality laptops with touchscreens, especially Lenovo's higher-end ones, I'm seriously considering making the move when they become available.

Anyone else excited by Lenovo's offering? Anyone else made the Mac-to-Windows switch?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any Macs and never have. However, I'm due for a upgrade to a new laptop, and so far I like Lenovo's hardware the best. I'll probably get a new Lenovo ultrabook in a couple months.

I'm already running Windows 8 and love it, but I know it would be even better on a touchscreen ultrabook.

None of the other vendors' products excite me as much as what I've seen from Lenovo so far.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I already have a Lenovo Yoga 13 and I have to say that I'm wildly impressed with it. I have absolutely no complaints, and this is coming from a Linux guy. I switched to Windows on my laptop for business reasons, mainly, I do a lot of .NET development on the side and there's not any good Linux ports of the framework.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to either a Lenovo, Samsung, or Asus laptop once Haswell (4th gen Intel procs) comes out. The amount of laptops with touch screens available is already quite impressive.

F2a

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not interested in touch at all. I've been a high end Thinkpad owner for many years and it looks like that's about to end. They are getting rid of the track point buttons, I'm pretty disappointed about that. The X1 Carbon non touch model would be perfect if it had a higher quality 1080p screen and a longer battery life. As it stand it's way overpriced for what it is. Even with an umlimited laptop budget, I don't want anything on the market :(

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I started looking at the new Lenovo hardware today and checked out the Samsung Chronos 7 laptop as well. I like the Lenovo Helix and IdeaPad Yoga 13, and since it will be docked most of the time I am still trying to decide between a decent desktop and tablet or a nice convertible laptop/tablet device. Just not sure, but I can get one this quarter.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm rather happy with Lenovo we have some of there laptops in office and they work great. So seeing them making a WP device is great it gives us more choices and it pushes the bar up some more. I'm also excited to see what Nokia and HTC come out with in a couple of months.

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I really like the Lenovo IdeaPad 11S and my laptop is on it's last leg. Unfortunately, I heard it's not coming out until June.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb