Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    What's with Nokia's stock price dropping today? Is there some news we should be hearing about??? Its getting close to where I'll only have made $1 a share!
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

seems related to some tax issues in india? And everytime euro reports something new and bad the stock seems to drop too.

Would expect price to keep dropping until the q4 earnings release at the end of the month.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,434 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyng View Post
    seems related to some tax issues in india? And everytime euro reports something new and bad the stock seems to drop too.
    I agree with this- I think Nokia is building confidence (hence the steady climb) but incidents like this will leave investors skeptical. In my uninformed opinion I think it is normal to see a fallback after big gains as people question whether the new price ($4.22) is actually sustainable without concrete facts.
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone

I think reports of a low-priced, emerging markets, iPhone are compounding today's rout. That has me more worried than what I perceive as a cash grab by overzealous Indian officials. FWIW, I think the India tax issue will fizzle out, once India sees the response by other international companies by way of threats to reduce their investments in India.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I think one reason was their not coming straight out and being vocal about expanding their market to Android. Saying that, if WP8 continues to gain marketshare, Nokia is leading the way. Lets just hope MS doesn't mess it up for them.

This might have helped the Nokia "raid" story perspective. From October 2012:

Software sector to gain from Nokia tax case ruling

A recent ruling by the Delhi High Court on taxability of payment for software supplied along with hardware is a huge relief for the software industry.

The High Court ruled in a case of Nokia Networks that payment for software would not qualify as ‘royalty’ under the India-Finland Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA).

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Info-tech : Software sector to gain from Nokia tax case ruling
    Retrospective amendment cannot override treaty; Sale of copyrighted article not taxable as royalty

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    lol....nice movement today ;-)
    Thanked by: