Football Picks, just to make us feel dumb again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, time to flip some coins..

I was wrong on two of my picks on here (Colts, Vikings), but nailed all four of my picks in a pool with some friends. I read about Ponder not playing for the Vikings early on so switched my pick then, and then Ray Lewis announced his retirement, so I figured there was no way the Ravens were losing at home. This weeks games are even harder...

Ravens at Broncos: To me, the easiest pick of the weekend. Yes, the Ravens can beat the Broncos. No, I do not think they will. Denver just screams "complete team". Broncos by 10.

Packers at 49ers: This is a coin flip. I just did it, and 2 out three times it was the Packers, so I will pick against them. (How is that for logic??) San Fran by 4.

Seahawks at Falcons: Atlanta's "D" has been horrid against Cam Newton and the spread this year (2 games- he accounted for over 700 yards), but I am dumb enough to pick them anyways, even though Seattle and Russell Wilson run the same spread. I just see Atlanta as too good of a team to not get the playoff monkey off their back. Wilson is still a rookie, and tends to start slow in games. Lynch has not practiced all week nursing a foot injury, and this is the second week in a row Seattle has to come east and is playing an early game. Falcons by 3.

Texans at Patriots: Here is my upset. Patriots destroyed the Texans on Monday night in Foxboro about three weeks ago to start the Texans slide. But I heard this stat on ESPN: In the last 20 years, there have been 11 playoff games where a team hosted another team that they defeated by over 20 points within the last 4 weeks in the season. The losing team won the rematch in 7 of them. The last time? The Jets defeated the Patriots in New England 2 years ago after being blown out by the Pats on Monday Night Football to end the season. Houston stuns the Pats by 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium