Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

#Why #the #**** #do #people #hashtag #everything. #Especially #when #hastagging #doesn't #even #work #properly #on #the #websites #that #they #hastag #on.
    #ie.
    using-hashtags-facebook-does-not-work.jpg
    hashtag.jpg

#seriously, #what #the #**** #is #wrong #with #people #these #days?

I hate when people do it on Facebook, I actually posted the picard picture of him saying WTF do people hashtag on Facebook and lots of my friends stopped

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    I haven't got to hash tag yet I'm still trying to solve the puzzle of FYI and all the rest (solved half of them like FYI use as an example because I can't remember the rest)

Hash tag are annoying it why I don't like going on twitter and it pointless on facebook but I haven't seen anyone use a hash tag yet
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 01-11-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    It bothers me to no end. I will never understand why people do the things they do.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    When I first got on Twitter in 09 hashtags actually meant something. They were simply used to make it easy to search for tweets about certain topics. As twitter has become more popular and more young people have begun to use it the hashtag has gone downhill. The younger crowd began using them on Twitter as sort of an afterthought to their tweet. Since they just made them up as they went along they were meaningless. Now people use them on other sites where they make absolutely no sense.

^ Yeah, and even then, you'd barely see them! Now it's ridiculous, so sometimes I'll add "#hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag" at the end of a tweet.
    Krys Morgenweck
    Writer - Windows Phone Central
    Email - k.morgenweck@live.com
    Twitter - @krystea

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"

Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    ^ Yeah, and even then, you'd barely see them! Now it's ridiculous, so sometimes I'll add "#hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag" at the end of a tweet.
    #yolo is probably the most annoying #hashtag now. It is really ridiculous.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Love that rant. Bugs me too; maybe we're just old :)

Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    I've been wondering the same. I guess they simply don't know why it's originally used in some services and how it serves a function there, not to look cool :D
    I've posted hashtags on facebook when I was posting from ME tile and forgetting to uncheck posting to facebook.

OMG totally on board with ya #ihatehashtags

Shawn

Global Posts
    32,896 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I still use a hashtag for #FF, but not really for anything else.

Global Posts
    1,146 Global Posts
    We were ranting at work how print adverts have #tagline on the bottom of the ads.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzum View Post
    I've posted hashtags on facebook when I was posting from ME tile and forgetting to uncheck posting to facebook.
    That's different. That's just a posting error.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    I always thought you could search hashtags on Facebook as well. At least, I have in the past. And I know that they mean something on Google+ by making your post searchable, and adding to the "Trending" timeline they have. Otherwise, the only times I use them are on Twitter and Google+. Then again, I haven't been posting to FB too much before I got my Lumia (I hated the Android FB client, but I actually like the WP8 MS client, so I've been using it more).
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    You like the WP8 fb app better than the Android fb app??
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    Surprisingly, yes. I wouldn't even install the Facebook app for Android because it would turn on my GPS at random, and eat up battery finding my location, something I personally never use with Facebook. Then the interface was just their touch site done for Android. It wasn't personalized or anything. Yeah, all in all, the Facebook app for Android was a downer for me, and I never used it. At least I can bear installing the app on my WP8 device.