Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you use 12-hour or 24-hour time?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12-hour

14 46.67%
  • 24-hour

16 53.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Global Posts
    1,051 Global Posts
    I use 24 time enough in tech that I am "fluent" in it. However, I never really though to change it on my phone.

I went through a phase in high school where I changed by digital watch to 24 time.

My dad is passionate about only using 24hr time. He also used the military date thing, which gets on my nerves. 18-Jan 2013 is annoying. For dates, I sort like a computer would, 2013-01-18.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    32,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by jmshub View Post
    I use 24 time enough in tech that I am "fluent" in it. However, I never really though to change it on my phone.

I went through a phase in high school where I changed by digital watch to 24 time.

My dad is passionate about only using 24hr time. He also used the military date thing, which gets on my nerves. 18-Jan 2013 is annoying. For dates, I sort like a computer would, 2013-01-18.
    I set my region & language to UK on my device, so I see "18 January" on my lock screen.

Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    Both. I work in Corrections and we use 24 hour time, however all the clocks at home are set using 12 hour because my wife doesn't like 24 hour. As for the time on my personal phone or whatever, it depends on which mood strikes me. If I'm resetting it right after I got off work, its more likely to be in 24 hour format, however if I'm at home and glance at a clock, I'm likely to set it to 12 hour.

However, I prefer 24 hour. Just as I prefer metric measurements and Celcius temperatures. They all make much more sense and are based on logical things (base 10 measurements, actual number of hours in the day, 0 is freezing 100 is boiling, a gram is the weight of one cubic centemeter of water, a mililiter is the volume of a cubic cm, etc.). "American" measurements seem arbitrary and I perfer something based on logic (12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard, 5,xxx feet in a mile, Mr. Farinhight was 32 when he made his system so that is the freezing point of water, ounces are both a measure of weight and volume).
    Thanked by:
    Chregu and Mizmo like this.

Global Posts
    32,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I prefer the metric system too, but I have a science background (BS in biology and 11 years in QA testing in a chemistry lab).

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I prefer the metric system too, but I have a science background (BS in biology and 11 years in QA testing in a chemistry lab).
    ...all this years I've studied biology, and I can't think of a cool and nerdy insider biology joke, and therefore I just attach one I've seen on 9gag
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5962275_460s.jpg  

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    24-hr is everywhere with my devices. Blame Nintendo for forcing the 24-hour clock on all of its devices, post-GameCube. In terms of location, the US...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12