Fedora 18 What a mess

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Found the work around for installing. You need to start it from the shell. What a mess!

Last edited:

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
As a long time Slackware user (since the mid 90s) I've never been a huge fan of Fedora (or Redhat), but I know a lot of folks like it. Hopefully they'll work out the bugs.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Do you like Unity, or are you using another desktop?

I've always used wubi to install Ubuntu. Last time I tried to install Ubuntu to my computer without that I managed to lock the bootloader so I couldn't access any OS...

If you like Ubuntu, have you ever tried LinuxMint?

Nah, like I say above, I've only ever managed to successfully install Ubuntu via wubi. Am looking into a triple boot though.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I prefer mint over Ubuntu. I think its more user friendly. I haven't played with Linux since I installed windows 8 except to setup some internet terminals for shared computers (I don't have to worry about them getting wrecked by viruses). I use mint xfce for that so I can give them older computers.
I do like fedora but its been a couple years since i dabbled in it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I prefer mint over Ubuntu. I think its more user friendly. I haven't played with Linux since I installed windows 8 except to setup some internet terminals for shared computers (I don't have to worry about them getting wrecked by viruses). I use mint xfce for that so I can give them older computers.
I do like fedora but its been a couple years since i dabbled in it.

I also prefer Mint over Ubuntu. I am currently using Mint 14 with the Mate GUI. I am dual booting Mint 14 & Windows 8 on my laptop.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Love using Linux (Ubuntu) for web hosting and server management, or even BSD with FreeNAS. But in the desktop world, I've just never been able to get on with it. That's entirely down to personal preference though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa