Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which team will win Super Bowl XLVII?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

11 44.00%
  • San Francisco 49ers

14 56.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I cannot stand Ray Lewis. Such a hypocrite.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,383 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phatboy66 View Post
    The game was amazing!
    I am glad it became close in the 2nd half
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    gedzum likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by failed1234 View Post
    Omg please!!!!! Hahaha

Anyway, awesome game! I was biting my nails but couldn't be any happier!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Awesome game indeed. As a neutral, I really enjoyed it. The way the 1st half was going, I thought the niners were going to get battered. But they fought back really well and I thought they were going to nick the game on that final drive in the red zone. Congrats to the Ravens.

On a side note: is it possible for a losing player to get Superbowl MVP? I personally thought Kaepernick was outstanding in the 2nd half and was instrumental in their fightback. He made plays throwing and running. Not to take anything away from Flacco, he played consistently well and made big plays himself, but it seemed the niners defense had a few busted plays. I don't recall too many bad plays by the Ravens defense.
    palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    2,719 Global Posts
    Can't say I saw that one coming. Great game but where were the defenses? I really thought it was going to be a low scoring game with those two defensive units. I guess "Captain Comeback" has lost a step since becoming a coach. Those who saw Jim Harbaugh play will know what I mean.
    palandri likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzum View Post
    Awesome game indeed. As a neutral, I really enjoyed it. The way the 1st half was going, I thought the niners were going to get battered. But they fought back really well and I thought they were going to nick the game on that final drive in the red zone. Congrats to the Ravens.

On a side note: is it possible for a losing player to get Superbowl MVP? I personally thought Kaepernick was outstanding in the 2nd half and was instrumental in their fightback. He made plays throwing and running. Not to take anything away from Flacco, he played consistently well and made big plays himself, but it seemed the niners defense had a few busted plays. I don't recall too many bad plays by the Ravens defense.
    Ehhh coverage was getting sloppy by the Ravens in third quarter going into fourth... lol had me screaming at my tv

I don't know what the rules are for MVP but I don't recall ever seeing a losing team member receive that title. Idk
    palandri and gedzum like this.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    A lot of people are complaining that no defensive hold was called for the 49ers final play, but nobody is talking about how Kaperdick overthrew that ball. It was uncatchable.
    ~Sal
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    2,719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    A lot of people are complaining that no defensive hold was called for the 49ers final play, but nobody is talking about how Kaperdick overthrew that ball. It was uncatchable.
    I'm sure Ed Reed and Bryant McKinnie are not complaining about that call. I think either one of them would have killed the ref since it was that same exact play that cost them a repeat national championship while at the "U". Remember the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State?
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Horrible super bowl saved by a black out. You can't make this stuff up.
    Commercials sucked, half time show was awful.

Congrats Ravens, except for Ray Lewis, good riddance to him.
    Why so much hate on Ray? He was proven innocent and not only set records in the NFL, but has done so much for his city and has been an inspiration for so many rising athletes! He's an incredible person and doesn't deserve all this hate!

Quote Originally Posted by failed1234 View Post
    How exactly? You know the guy personally?

Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Why so much hate on Ray? He was proven innocent and not only set records in the NFL, but has done so much for his city and has been an inspiration for so many rising athletes! He's an incredible person and doesn't deserve all this hate!
    he's a phony, self centered guy. He knows more what he told on the murders. He paid off families. Hides behind god

A.) He was not "proven innocent"...he plead down to a lesser charge.

B.) You do not know Ray Lewis, so how do you know he is an "incredible person"?

C.) Ray Lewis was probably the best LB I have ever seen and HAS inspired many athletes, as well as contributed to his community.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    +1 Lewis is a joke
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,383 Global Posts
    All the hate on Ray Lewis is due to articles like this being published about the homicide: Slayings not forgotten, Ray Lewis not forgiven
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I'm guessing Ravens 34 - 31.
    Quote Originally Posted by strokee View Post
    A.) He was not "proven innocent"...he plead down to a lesser charge.

B.) You do not know Ray Lewis, so how do you know he is an "incredible person"?

C.) Ray Lewis was probably the best LB I have ever seen and HAS inspired many athletes, as well as contributed to his community.
    A) legally, yes he is innocent. He witnesses the stabbing and withheld information, but he stabbed no one.

B) Actually I have met with Ray several times, at his house, played paintball with him, held conversations with him, and actually my dad and uncle went bowling with him a couple times. He's a nice guy!

C) agreed

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    A) there's no proof in that. It was a plea deal, not a trail.

B) not close enough

C) understandable
    Quote Originally Posted by the_icon12 View Post
    A) there's no proof in that. It was a plea deal, not a trail.

B) not close enough

C) understandable
    I'm not saying I'm personally friends with him, but I have spoken to him on a personal level. Better than most I guess

nobody knows for sure if he murdered somebody or not, but it just doesn't make sense that he would stab someone. Why would a Superbowl Champion being chauffeured in a limousine, have any reason to kill someone in a street brawl?

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlynnm350z View Post
    i'm guessing ravens 34 - 31.
    lol!

Global Posts
    33,003 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzum View Post

Personally, I thought Jacoby Jones should've been MVP, not Flacco. Jones managed to catch passes that would've been uncatchable for most players.
    gedzum and JerseySal like this.

I'm not saying I'm personally friends with him, but I have spoken to him on a personal level. Better than most I guess

nobody knows for sure if he murdered somebody or not, but it just doesn't make sense that he would stab someone. Why would a Superbowl Champion being chauffeured in a limousine, have any reason to kill someone in a street brawl?
    I dint think most think he was the stabbed, bit hr knows more than he's ever said. He hides behind God and if he was as Godly as he claims he would have told what he knows of what happened that night.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    I dint think most think he was the stabbed, bit hr knows more than he's ever said. He hides behind God and if he was as Godly as he claims he would have told what he knows of what happened that night.

His God know what happened that night. That's why he kisses his God's hiney every waking minute.
    ~Sal
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    Of course he withheld info, he saw one of his good friends murder somebody! Not saying it was a good choice, but its probably the same choice a lot of people in the same position would have made!

Personally, I thought Jacoby Jones should've been MVP, not Flacco. Jones managed to catch passes that would've been uncatchable for most players.
    I agree! Jacoby played a great game! I think Flaccos qb record is what gave him mvp though

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

he didn't win the Superbowl until the next year.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast