Super Bowl XLVII - Who will win?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Why so much hate on Ray? He was proven innocent and not only set records in the NFL, but has done so much for his city and has been an inspiration for so many rising athletes! He's an incredible person and doesn't deserve all this hate!

he's a phony, self centered guy. He knows more what he told on the murders. He paid off families. Hides behind god

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Why so much hate on Ray? He was proven innocent and not only set records in the NFL, but has done so much for his city and has been an inspiration for so many rising athletes! He's an incredible person and doesn't deserve all this hate!

A.) He was not "proven innocent"...he plead down to a lesser charge.

B.) You do not know Ray Lewis, so how do you know he is an "incredible person"?

C.) Ray Lewis was probably the best LB I have ever seen and HAS inspired many athletes, as well as contributed to his community.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
A.) He was not "proven innocent"...he plead down to a lesser charge.

B.) You do not know Ray Lewis, so how do you know he is an "incredible person"?

C.) Ray Lewis was probably the best LB I have ever seen and HAS inspired many athletes, as well as contributed to his community.

A) legally, yes he is innocent. He witnesses the stabbing and withheld information, but he stabbed no one.

B) Actually I have met with Ray several times, at his house, played paintball with him, held conversations with him, and actually my dad and uncle went bowling with him a couple times. He's a nice guy!

C) agreed

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
A) there's no proof in that. It was a plea deal, not a trail.

B) not close enough

C) understandable

I'm not saying I'm personally friends with him, but I have spoken to him on a personal level. Better than most I guess

nobody knows for sure if he murdered somebody or not, but it just doesn't make sense that he would stab someone. Why would a Superbowl Champion being chauffeured in a limousine, have any reason to kill someone in a street brawl?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Awesome game indeed. As a neutral, I really enjoyed it. The way the 1st half was going, I thought the niners were going to get battered. But they fought back really well and I thought they were going to nick the game on that final drive in the red zone. Congrats to the Ravens.

On a side note: is it possible for a losing player to get Superbowl MVP? I personally thought Kaepernick was outstanding in the 2nd half and was instrumental in their fightback. He made plays throwing and running. Not to take anything away from Flacco, he played consistently well and made big plays himself, but it seemed the niners defense had a few busted plays. I don't recall too many bad plays by the Ravens defense.
Personally, I thought Jacoby Jones should've been MVP, not Flacco. Jones managed to catch passes that would've been uncatchable for most players.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying I'm personally friends with him, but I have spoken to him on a personal level. Better than most I guess

nobody knows for sure if he murdered somebody or not, but it just doesn't make sense that he would stab someone. Why would a Superbowl Champion being chauffeured in a limousine, have any reason to kill someone in a street brawl?

I dint think most think he was the stabbed, bit hr knows more than he's ever said. He hides behind God and if he was as Godly as he claims he would have told what he knows of what happened that night.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I dint think most think he was the stabbed, bit hr knows more than he's ever said. He hides behind God and if he was as Godly as he claims he would have told what he knows of what happened that night.

His God know what happened that night. That's why he kisses his God's hiney every waking minute.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Of course he withheld info, he saw one of his good friends murder somebody! Not saying it was a good choice, but its probably the same choice a lot of people in the same position would have made!

Personally, I thought Jacoby Jones should've been MVP, not Flacco. Jones managed to catch passes that would've been uncatchable for most players.

I agree! Jacoby played a great game! I think Flaccos qb record is what gave him mvp though

the_icon12

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

he didn't win the Superbowl until the next year.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
he didn't win the Superbowl until the next year.

Eek excuse me, I was 5 at the time, I've got my sequence of events mixed up. Still same point exists, he was named linebacker of the year, had already set numerous NFL records and had been in 3 pro bowls only 4 years into his NFL career.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I agree. If I were to pick a Ravens player, it would have been Jones. That kick return TD to open the 2nd half was incredible.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You still gotta go with Joe as MVP. Jones made two big plays... one of which doesn't happen if Flacco doesn't step up and avoid the sack. Flacco was money almost the entire night. He slipped out of several sack opportunities for the niners, his passes were on the spot and he had 3 tds and didn't turn the ball over.

He was in the zone and has been throughout the playoffs. Tying Montana's 11 tds with no picks in the playoffs? That's sharp.

The thing that has bothered me most about this game is the complaining about interference on the final play. Crabtree was interefered with, and he was also pushing off, but either way I think the ball was overthrown and not gonna be a catch. Kaepernick was getting hit as he threw the ball. But all that aside, the refs were allowing a lot of contact with receivers on both sides. The Ravens almost certainly had a TD to Smith over double coverage in the first half if he wasn't slowed by the corner... and that wasn't called either. I think the officiating was even handed, and I'll always prefer they err on the side of letting them play versus covering the field in laundry.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
You still gotta go with Joe as MVP. Jones made two big plays... one of which doesn't happen if Flacco doesn't step up and avoid the sack. Flacco was money almost the entire night. He slipped out of several sack opportunities for the niners, his passes were on the spot and he had 3 tds and didn't turn the ball over.

He was in the zone and has been throughout the playoffs. Tying Montana's 11 tds with no picks in the playoffs? That's sharp.

The thing that has bothered me most about this game is the complaining about interference on the final play. Crabtree was interefered with, and he was also pushing off, but either way I think the ball was overthrown and not gonna be a catch. Kaepernick was getting hit as he threw the ball. But all that aside, the refs were allowing a lot of contact with receivers on both sides. The Ravens almost certainly had a TD to Smith over double coverage in the first half if he wasn't slowed by the corner... and that wasn't called either. I think the officiating was even handed, and I'll always prefer they err on the side of letting them play versus covering the field in laundry.

There is literally not a single post in the world I agree with more than your post right above! I agree Flacco definitely deserves MVP. Honestly between Jones and Boldin Idk who would have deserved it more. Both made big plays, Boldin is a fricken rock! You throw him the ball and he catches it! Jones broke a record that night and made some impossible things happen! I have never in my life been happier with the Raven's Offense (unless we replace Oher). Flacco + Smith + Bolden + Jones + Pitta + Pierce + Rice (even though he didn't have a great game) is straight money! I really wish we could keep them all next season!

I agree the refs officiated very fair. Some calls I not agree with but they all balanced out for the most part. I too am also a fan of less flags and more play!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)