Google maps RANT. Take it as you want.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
SOOOOO out of curiosity I tried using google maps to locate a UPS store and view the street view..... I must say GOOGLE MAPS REALLY SUCKS!!!!! Not one location was correct. and to boot when I viewed the street view it even went so far as to show me a whole different address from the failure of an address it first gave for the UPS store!!!.... Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't google maps suppose to be almighty?? I see it as on par with apples home grown maps. I'm glad I have options like BING maps and NOKIA maps. They have never put me in a wrong place. They may not have street view but i'd rather be in the right spot then to have fancy things that don't work. Now maybe it's just my location but...... I don't think so because I live in a major area. So to me I guess I've made the right direction of choice. (pun intended)..Don't hate google fans. It just doesn't work for me.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
uppQV.gif

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
lol no clue. but as i said in my post it is what works best for me. I just had to get it off of my chest because im tired of people on other forum sites or what not and in my life as people around me telling me to use google maps. it just doesnt work for my needs.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm from Switzerland, and I'm even glad, Bing knows where my hometown is ;-)

At least in the USA you have a real choice between services. Be content instead of complaining about it.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm from Switzerland, and I'm even glad, Bing knows where my hometown is ;-)

At least in the USA you have a real choice between services. Be content instead of complaining about it.
lol, someone has to complain about Google and first world issues ��

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
lol, someone has to complain about Google and first world issues

You are confusing me, I would say you find it funny, that you started the complaint, but I have the first world issue, when really you're the one who started with a first world issue and I just gave my thoughts to it.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You are confusing me, I would say you find it funny, that you started the complaint, but I have the first world issue, when really you're the one who started with a first world issue and I just gave my thoughts to it.
Well I'm glad you have Bing for a choice to use. First world third world whatever it is isn't any good if products just don't work.

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, I've had pretty good luck with Google Maps around the country, but it isn't perfect. For some reason the "Local" app seems to be able to find places that the browser Google Maps can't. I haven't used Bing Maps very much as I haven't yet made the switch from Android to WP ( will be doing do soon), but the few times I have used it and compared the results they seemed about the same to me.

Mizmo

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
normally i use google maps just because i am used to it, but if i compare the 3 for my small village:
Bing Maps has the newest maps and best satellite pictures
Nokia maps is little bit outdated and only 1/3 of the village has high res satellite pictures
Google maps has the oldest maps, high res pictures for complete village but not as crisp as the bing ones and the name of my street is wrong, but it can show bicycle paths, frontiers and has the better POIs

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I never had the problem with Google Maps - I actually find their map coverage to be superior to everything else, especially in foreign countries... Even better than my Garmin hand-held, which uses NAVTEQ's map database (which is superior to ****ty TeleAtlas/TomTom map database and the products that rely on it). If I could have a portable navigation device with a fully "offline" Google Maps database - I woud gladly use it over anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes